How far would you go for a Jam?

Would that involve set-up & tear down?

Sorry. Yes. I'd always be happier taking my own kit anyway.

It doesn't happen often. But me and my band drove two hours and back to Mexborough last October including an overnight stay, to play a half hour set, for charity (ie. unpaid).

I'd rather go out and play drums, paid or for free I don't much care, than stay at home on Fallout 4 if I'm being honest.

I've told this story bf, a drummers friend of mine drove a great distance at the urging of another friend to check out a band that was looking for a drummer, when my drummer friend asked him how it went, he said they (the band) were terrible, could barley play and it was a total waste of his time. The band was U2.

In fairness your friend sounds like a good judge of character. If given a choice between U2 and Death, I'm afraid I would be inviting the chap in the dark cloak with the sickle around for tea and biscuits.

I live so far out, that I expect to have to drive a bunch to do anything. I've driven 40-50 miles to play drums, play golf, just about anything. My daily commute is 40 miles each way.

The last band I played with practiced in the bass player's basement (which he was also in the process of remodeling). We only practiced a couple of times a month, so my drums made the trip back and forth. Yes, it was a hassle, but at least I was playing.

Back