Evans warranty?

.altamont.

hey there,
I bought a EC1 reverse dot snare head Thursday night.
I had a gig on Friday and then another one on Saturday.
It played fine on the first gig, but then Saturday night, about 8 minutes into the set, the snare head just cracked. I mean, it really cracked.

It started right in the middle of a song, out of nowhere, with a small tiny crack that increased in size every snare hit I did. Within 4 measures, it was ripped open from side to side.

Before the set I didn't notice any puncture marks or anything suspicious. I always carry my snare in a soft case but yes, I do hit hard and tune quite high. No, I wasn't using old-shredded sticks that could have done this.

Did this ever happen to any of you?
Is this a warranty case for Evans?

Anyways, I can't really prove that I haven't done this myself to the guy at the drumshop to complain, but it's really frustrating, since the drum head is still brand new.

Most products like this will have language such as, guaranteed against all manufacture defects, etc etc etc. It may be hard to prove but I would at least take it back to the store where you bought it and let them advise you.

Straight from the Evans website FAQ (http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EvansFAQ.Page?solutionid=216):

How do I return something I ordered?

If you ordered the product through our online store, you may call the Shopatron support team at (805) 547-8368 and they would be happy to assist you with your order.

If you bought a product from a store or an online retailer, bring the product back to where it was purchased form.

If your product is defective, contact [email protected] to get information on a RMA, a return merchandise authorization number (RMA number) is required. You can request a return within 30 days of the product being bought/shipped to you. All returns must be in their original packaging in new and unused condition or they will be rejected and shipped back to you.

@alparrott

I didn't buy it online.
This FAQ seem to be concerning returns more than defects

"All returns must be in their original packaging in new and unused condition or they will be rejected and shipped back to you".

I might just try to bring it back to the drumshop I bought it from. Just not quite sure what to say that will convince them to give me a new one...

Back