The Rev died today

Man, that sucks. I was a fan of AX7, and I would say his playing on their earlier albums influenced me. He had a unique way of mixing double bass patterns with creative hand patterns. Not your average metal drummer at all. Bat Country or Unholy confessions are good examples of his unique approach to drum parts.

28 is pretty young to die of natural causes though? Not too shocking though considering his supposed drug use. I guess it was just his time to go. Oh well, another rock star gone at a young age. R.I.P. Jimmy!

WOW......

I'm in shock...

I wasn't a huge fan of Avenge Sevenfold, but I had a couple of their albums, and I really thought The Rev was one of the better younger drummers out there.

Wow....how sad....

Wow this is sad news, The Rev was an awesome drummer, not a huge fan A7X but damn City of Evil was a good album. A very fine drummer indeed and another tragic loss for the drumming community.

My friend's band toured with them last year and word on the streets was that they were really f-ed up on coke. I mean friggin, Scarface-like piles of the stuff.

wow im really shocked by this, i never followed a7x's career really so i never knew the backstory, a damn shame a good drummer like that had to go so soon.

Never did like Avenged Sevenfold in the least, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. R.I.P.

That sucks! I liked A7X stuff...especially the newer stuff. Not only was he a good drummer but a good singer/screamer also. And I quote..."Drugs are bad mmmkay".

Cocaine is a helluva drug. Didnt like A7x's music, but I could see the talent in them.

I like a7x because of the cool drums in there tunes that really too bad. You can only ride that train so long.

So many talented people have been took out way too young because of this,what a shame.

RIP

Bonzolead

This has not been a good year for drummers.

City of Evil was a really good album drum-wise. A7X were fans of Dream Theater and was apparent on some of their tracks.

I just lost a brother under similar circumstances. It pains me to hear about another gone. All the best to the family and friends during this hard time...

Wow, I'm kind of shocked right now after reading this. I can't stand AX7's music, but he was a very good drummer. Very sad. R.I.P. :(

It sucks that he died. But I highly doubt he died of natural causes. That's just to easy to say, especially someone at his age. There must be something else behind this, maybe like some people have been saying, its due to drug use or past drug use.

Never listened to AX7 in the least but it's always sad when a young drummer is lost. Don't do drugs, people. The rush just isn't worth it...

It sucks that he died. But I highly doubt he died of natural causes. That's just to easy to say, especially someone at his age. There must be something else behind this, maybe like some people have been saying, its due to drug use or past drug use.

it were probably natural causes, but that doesnt mean he couldn't have prevented it. Theyre just saying it wasn't murder/suicide :)

rip.

it were probably natural causes, but that doesnt mean he couldn't have prevented it. Theyre just saying it wasn't murder/suicide :)

rip.

I'm not implying murder or suicide. But I just don't consider someone mysteriously dieing at the age of 28 natural. These days most people live to be at least in their mid 70's.

I mean if he died of a heart attack, yah that may have been a natural cause of death, but what caused him to have the heart attack. Somone at his age typically just don't have heart attacks. Do you kind of get what I'm saying?

I mean if he died of a heart attack, yah that may have been a natural cause of death, but what caused him to have the heart attack. Somone at his age typically just don't have heart attacks. Do you kind of get what I'm saying?

Typically no, but it does happen more often than most people think. 'Natural causes' refers to anything not accidental/murder/suicide, so presumably a post-mortem showed that it wasn't a coke induced heart attack. Genetically weak heart?

Back