Protec Racket 24 or Gator 22 Sling Bag? HELP!!

BeyahDelMundo

Which one is a better quality? Protection Racket 24" Deluxe Cymbal Bag w/ Dividers - Backpack or Gator Sling bag style?

I really don;t know which one i'd be better off with. I used the gator once because i needed to borrow a cymbal bag and it was an amazing bag. it was sling style so the cymbals didn;'t feel heavy at all! but then again, i've been hearing lots of great things about Pro Rack. Which one is better? does anyone know how much cymbals this Protection Racket 24" Deluxe Cymbal Bag w/ Dividers - Backpack hold?

thanks!

you can also recommend me other cymbal bags. i really like the sling style so if you know any other bags that has that, let me know! thanks!

Mate. have just bought a protection racket 22x18 bass drum bag and snare bag.

I am really impressed with them. the build quality is 2nd to none. the Zips are VERY robust, the inner linning is like a sheeps skin fleese, the materail that the bag is made of will never break of fray.

Very Impressed, waiting for money to get the rest of them to protect my pride and joy.

I phoned around and got some good deals.

I have two protection racket deluxe sling style cymbal bags. You can get them in both sling & back pack style.. Both my bags have different styles of divide. One has slim sheep skin style material and hold 8 cymbals in the main section + 6 in the small section. The other has really thick sheep skin style dividers and holds 5 cymbals in the main section + 4 in the small section. Best bags you can get. Nothing else I've tried comes close & I've got Gator bags.

I have two protection racket deluxe sling style cymbal bags. You can get them in both sling & back pack style.. Both my bags have different styles of divide. One has slim sheep skin style material and hold 8 cymbals in the main section + 6 in the small section. The other has really thick sheep skin style dividers and holds 5 cymbals in the main section + 4 in the small section. Best bags you can get. Nothing else I've tried comes close & I've got Gator bags.

Where do i get this?-Thanks! Can you send me pictures?

exactly what's the model number or name for this protection racket that comes in sling style you talk about? I'm really really interested!

Last edited:
Where do i get this?-Thanks! Can you send me pictures?

exactly what's the model number or name for this protection racket that comes in sling style you talk about? I'm really really interested!

Here, let me google that for you . . .

Never used the Gator. I have the Protection Racket with the shoulder strap, not the backpack style. It is superb. Extremely high quality, very protective.

I got this for my cymbals http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/images/Product/medium/434.jpg , mainly because I found it on eBay used for £30.
It's extremely well padded, has multiple dividers and a separate front compartment for hats/splashes.

Really though.. Gator or Protection Racket will both be fine.. I have Protection Racket cases for my drums which are very well padded.

Hey guys, does anyone know if the Pro Rack Deluxe bag with wheels can be detached from it's wheels/trolley? From the photos it looks like it should be possible. having the wheels is a good idea but it does add a lot of size/weight and I don't always carry a heavy load of cymbals anyway

thanks!

noit cant ive got one i dont see a way it can be remved

Back