What's the story behind your user name?

It seems I never posted in this thread before, so why not.

This goes back to the days of IRC; I'm guessing around 2000. I was just chatting with some friends, and we started messing around and changing our nicks to various rude and/or funny things. At one point someone started writing their username backwards, and after a little while I turned the word Norwegian around and it became Naigewron. I can't remember if I just liked the way it read (it sort of looks like an actual word), or if the other guys started using it when addressing me, but somehow it stuck.

Unfortunately, I can't open that link. Would you please elaborate? Thanks! Your username is more of the stranger kind.

4 minutes into the song Cold Sweat ...James Brown says....Give The Drummer Some.....just before Clyde breaks it down

but pronounces it the way my screen name is spelled

:)

MAD,
you're too kind ;-)
That link didn't work either - content not retreivable due to copyright... damn.
But GVA explained the origin of his username so I'm enlightened already, haha.

My name is taken from the title of a film by rebel Japanese director Takeshi Miike. I've been using it for about 10 years now. I'm a huge fan of cult, foreign, independent, horror and arthouse cinema. The movie Visitor Q is a very very dark depraved comedy, only recommended to those not easilly offended. :)

Pretty self-explanatory.

you-have-xero-talent-logo1-300x188.png

I'm not a Squadleader in the Army...

I play a really daft strategy game called Advanced Squad Leader....play most nights....have thousands of pounds worth of stuff for it....and enter all three UK tournaments each year for it (and won two of the last three which is actually no mean feat).

It's my MAJOR hobby....

It's in danger though as, having rediscovered my love for drumming about six months back, and having done one gig already which went down a storm, I'm now looking at more investment on the drumming equipment (and time) side and the only real asset I have to create money, having just exited a messy divorce, is my ASL gear.

Bit torn at the moment truth be told....love both hobbies.

Old thread, but I'm a new member.

A Ball Peen is a form of hammer (or mallet) and probably describes my playing ability.

I'm very into electronic music, especially aggressive stuff that makes use of this demon of a synth.

tb303big.jpg

The parts composed on a Roland TB303 are affectionately dubbed "acidlines"

I come from the time when "Anonymous Choads" were frowned upon. Hence the name and title. Although I've thought strongly about changing my last name to "drums" because everyone asks me "Hey Billy Ray, what's your last name?"

Billy Ray Valentine.....Capricorn!

(said by Eddie Murphy from the 1983 movie "Trading Places")

Back