Yamaha DTX542K or Roland TD-9KX?

Ameer27

Hi all.

I'm considering getting an e-kit soon. The Yamaha DTX542K really appealed to me. I have never played it however. I have tried a Roland TD-11KV, and I really liked it. I have an opportunity to get a used Roland TD-9KX, and it's a little cheaper than a new Yamaha DTX542K.

What I'm looking for most is the feel. I want to it to feel as close to acoustic as possible.

I'm leaning more towards the Yamaha DTX542K. What would you guys recommend?

You really need to play on both to be able to compare what feels best to you.
Any other issue we could give opinions on. We just can't feel it for you!

You really need to play on both to be able to compare what feels best to you.
Any other issue we could give opinions on. We just can't feel it for you!

+1

I love my Yamaha, but I would never imply that "it feels better", rather that "it feels better to me".
You really need to try for yourself.

Hehe alright guys, you make sense. :)

Which one has a more realistic sound though? And let's say I later want to expand the kit, what are my options with each one?

Thanks.

Hehe alright guys, you make sense. :)

Which one has a more realistic sound though? And let's say I later want to expand the kit, what are my options with each one?

Thanks.

In terms of acoustic emulation, which is what I think you're asking about, I'd rank the Yamaha 502 module with the Roland 10k module. It wasn't till I tried the flagship models that acoustic emulation started to become interesting.

Expanding instruments is limited only by the number of physical ports. Given the PC connectivity options, the samples and storage are limited only by your imagination.

Back