Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Here's my recent:

Slingerlands from 1977 - 9x13, 16x16, and 14x22 bass drums. 6.5x14 Buddy Rich COB TDR snare. I thought it would be cool to complete the vibe with a black dot logo front head, and a PS3 on the back. The rest of the drums have ambassadors top and bottom. Double ply heads do not work well on these ;)

Your kick's black dot front head is way too cool. I love that 60's-70's look with that head. A lovely kit. And like Roy E. Munson said, your bass drum looks much bigger than a 22!!

Thats a beautiful looking kit Bo! I love the how you always have such a simple setup. Who needs all those splashes, toms, chinas, popcorn snares etc??? Im on the same page. Need to post a pic of my new vistalite setup soon.

PS That bass drum for some reason looks like a monster 26" to me. Must be the head?

Thanks. I am so loving this retirement kit. I'm not sure I'll take it out considering why I got it in the first place. But alas, the black dot head, being over 20 years old, has pulled out of the collar. So I put the fiberskyn 3 and white Reso back on. A much better sound, but I'm debating getting a new black dot for it. However, today they're going to Pro Drum and we're gonna re-install the Slingerland badges. Not necessary, but I want to complete the vibe ;)

Nice Fiberskyn! Looks really classy.

Thanks! I just ordered a Gretsch logo decal like Grunter's in the post after yours so it'll look even classier. Well, IMO anyway. I don't usualy replace logos on heads but I thought it would be nice in this case.

thanks. when I see the small kits I get the urge to reduce mine. Less stuff in my room also

Here's my recent:

Slingerlands from 1977 - 9x13, 16x16, and 14x22 bass drums. 6.5x14 Buddy Rich COB TDR snare. I thought it would be cool to complete the vibe with a black dot logo front head, and a PS3 on the back. The rest of the drums have ambassadors top and bottom. Double ply heads do not work well on these ;)
Digging the old Slingerlands very nice kit Bo....\m/(>_<)\m/

Bonzolead

DW Collector's series in pink-champagne sparkle & Mapex Obsidian kits.

Attachments

• 20121226_104029.jpg
    20121226_104029.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 2,321
  • 20121227_110239.jpg
    20121227_110239.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 2,189
  • 20130108_220104.jpg
    20130108_220104.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 2,230
  • 20130108_220324.jpg
    20130108_220324.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2,131
Here is my new vistalites. I bought the kit locally off craigslist for 800 cash. It came with a 18 floor tom which I sold on ebay for 350 + shipping. So I paid less than 500 for the 3 shells. The kit is a re-issue, but its in perfect shape. Also setup is a Gretsch USA Aluminum snare, 24 A med. ride, 20 A Custom EFX, 15 K light hats. Everything sounds amazing together. I added a coated to the BD batter, and put a white classic ludwig logo front on with a Blue Holz for looks only. I think it looks great. Hope to play it out someday soon.

Attachments

• dan.jpg
    dan.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,176
  • dan1.jpg
    dan1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,215
  • dan3.jpg
    dan3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,154
  • luds.jpg
    luds.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2,134
Last edited:
I bought this Pearl Export bass drum to go with the Gretsch toms in these pictures. I tried to get a bass drum that would look good with the natural wood toms. I would like some honest opinions. I am not too wild about how it all looks, so it will not hurt my feelings at all if you say it does not look good. I like how the set sounds, but looks do matter. What do you think?

Attachments

• 100_0379.JPG
    100_0379.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 2,168
  • 100_0380.JPG
    100_0380.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 2,076
  • 100_0381.JPG
    100_0381.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 2,158
  • 100_0383.JPG
    100_0383.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,107
Here is my new vistalites. I bought the kit locally off craigslist for 800 cash. It came with a 18 floor tom which I sold on ebay for 350 + shipping. So I paid less than 500 for the 3 shells. The kit is a re-issue, but its in perfect shape. Also setup is a Gretsch USA Aluminum snare, 24 A med. ride, 20 A Custom EFX, 15 K light hats. Everything sounds amazing together. I added a coated to the BD batter, and put a white classic ludwig logo front on with a Blue Holz for looks only. I think it looks great. Hope to play it out someday soon.

Beautiful Vistalite, Roy. I think the blue ones are my favorite.

I bought this Pearl Export bass drum to go with the Gretsch toms in these pictures. I tried to get a bass drum that would look good with the natural wood toms. I would like some honest opinions. I am not too wild about how it all looks, so it will not hurt my feelings at all if you say it does not look good. I like how the set sounds, but looks do matter. What do you think?

Maybe you could take off the wrap so it would match the toms. But if you're happy with it that's what matters.

I'm not sure what your plan is but I would remove the tom mount and get a snare stand for the rack tom. That arm just seams to detract from the set.

I also think it wouldn't hurt to try taking the wrap off the bass drum to see where it's at underneath.
To be honest with you, it looks like kind of a mish-mash now. But if it sounds good, that's more important than what it looks like.

I'm not sure what your plan is but I would remove the tom mount and get a snare stand for the rack tom. That arm just seams to detract from the set.

This is a good idea too ^^^^. If you took the wrap off the bass, you could also remove the tom mount, plug the holes, have a virgin bass drum, and mount the tom on a snare stand.

Now you're cookin' -- LOL

A question though - did you buy that bass drum new, or used?

I bought the bass drum new for $225.

My charming Tama Superstar set up for my usual jams, with the classic rock tuning- personally I think it's the only place the toms sound good. My softer stuff usually has a different left crash & a stack on the right in place of the china. 14" Zildjian New Alloy Crash/14" HHX Evolution Bottom, 16" AAX Studio crash, 18" HHX Evolution crash, 19" Saluda Glory china.
4PC.jpg

Maybe you could take off the wrap so it would match the toms. But if you're happy with it that's what matters.

Thanks for the good suggestion. That is probably what I will do. Even if the wood underneath the wrap is a different shade than the toms, it would still look better. I will probably do it in a week or two. Peace and goodwill.

Here is mine. Don't laugh. It's a Sunlite (circa 1996). I just got back into drumming after about 15 years away from it. I want to upgrade but we are saving for a house and I have a 3 year old and 1 year old. Those factors = no money and no time for much drumming.

However, I've obsessively tuned, re-tuned, adjusted and re-tuned to the point where these things don't sound too bad. EC2's over G1's and an Evans ST over Hazy 300 on my Ludwig Rocker Elite snare. EMAD2 on Bass.

Here is mine. Don't laugh. It's a Sunlite (circa 1996). I just got back into drumming after about 15 years away from it. I want to upgrade but we are saving for a house and I have a 3 year old and 1 year old. Those factors = no money and no time for much drumming.

However, I've obsessively tuned, re-tuned, adjusted and re-tuned to the point where these things don't sound too bad. EC2's over G1's and an Evans ST over Hazy 300 on my Ludwig Rocker Elite snare. EMAD2 on Bass....

Looks like you've got great cymbals that you should hang onto. Different drums can always come after you've got other things sorted out. A good set of cymbals can stay through many sets passing through.
I am sort of laughing at the Sunlites though - LOL
I picked up a couple of heavily battered Sunlite drums for almost nothing. But that's about what they were worth too. Any drums are always better than no drums though. And yours look like they're in pretty decent shape.

An friend of mine once had a Sunlite kit, and the bass drum sounded great. Peace and goodwill.

Back