Drum track - name the song part 4! (Nov 7)

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Here's #4 in the series of Name That Song.

This is actually pretty easy, so no prize for the answer.

But there's a twist that will test your knowledge of the song. Tell me the title, and the twist, and I'll send... oh... how about a Beatles Love promo interview disc? It features Paul, Ringo, and mostly George Martin and his son Giles, who remixed & created the Beatles mashups for the Love show (and who we can probably thank for some of the Sgt Pepper stems leaking out!)

Anyway, here's the excerpt. No clues needed, you know it, or you don't. Remember, you have to tell me what the twist is to get the CD.

Bermuda

Attachments

• mystery_drums4.mp3
    255 KB · Views: 197
The twist is that the cymbal crash at the end is actually cut from the recording that we are all familiar with.

The twist is that the cymbal crash at the end is actually cut from the recording that we are all familiar with.

BINGO! And it's not just the crash, Simon actually played through the break, but it was muted to let the bass line have the break. I couldn't include the whole drum part through the break, as the bass was audible when it comes back after the guitar solo and it might have been too obvious even to those casually familiar with the song. Have a listen to the complete section below. :)

PM your mailing address and I'll send the Beatles Love interview CD!

Man, you guys are getting good at this... think I'll give it a day before posting the next one!

Bermuda

Attachments

• allrightnow+.mp3
    314.6 KB · Views: 139
(This admission is for Pollyanna...)

I had no clue what song it was until you said it in your post.

I cue'd up a few train beat type songs I knew from Ballroom Blitz to Fool In The Rain, but I couldn't find a match - what I did feel was that roll at the end coming to a dead stop - I took a wild guess with my answer to the twist. A testament to the fact I've probably heard that song a half million times on Canadian classic rock stations, (but yet I was surprised with that Dylan one...man that was tough!).

I'd much prefer you save the postage and drop a box of KD and a can of tuna off at a food bank instead of sending me the disc.

Thanks!

Thanks Jer, I applaud your integrity and honor! I've got some appropriate food bank kind of stuff right here.

I'm working on the next drum excerpt and it'll truly be every drummer for him/herself.

Bermuda

Dang, i got that one right off the bat.... but i was too late!

Bermuda, this "name that tune" premise is awesome! I hope you keep doing it, even after you run out of prizes!

Dang, i got that one right off the bat.... but i was too late!

Bermuda, this "name that tune" premise is awesome! I hope you keep doing it, even after you run out of prizes!

Thanks, and I will, but I need to be selective, as many of the drum parts are either too easy to figure out the song, or genuinely too hard. There are also some great solo'd drums that have enough leakage to give away the song.

I probably have a few more that are contest-worthy, and then I may start posting complete solo'd drum tracks for everyone's scrutiny and amusement. There are some very cool ones that you'd never get to hear by themselves!

Bermuda

KD, not KY...

Kraft Dinner. Gourmet macaroni and cheese dish in a box.

Yeah, this is a marketing difference between the States and Canada. Kraft doesn't call it Kraft Dinner in the U.S. Here, it's labeled Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Kraft Dinner, or the abbreviated KD, are terms used by our neighbors to the north. Or neighbors to the south in the case of us Detroiters. :)

Yeah, this is a marketing difference between the States and Canada. Kraft doesn't call it Kraft Dinner in the U.S. Here, it's labeled Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Kraft Dinner, or the abbreviated KD, are terms used by our neighbors to the north. Or neighbors to the south in the case of us Detroiters. :)

The marketing here is all aboot the abbreviation too, "Gotta Be KD!"

And wow, it's called "Macaroni Cheese" in OZ... not even an &...

Back