Making of Neil Peart's R30 Kit

Super-fab, BC!

Sent shivers running up and down my spine a few times. To think of the long-standing success Rush enjoyed and to have been a part of it, I'm lost for words. A ride of a lifetime. Such an achievement.

Thanks for this brother!

Super-fab, BC!

Sent shivers running up and down my spine a few times. To think of the long-standing success Rush enjoyed and to have been a part of it, I'm lost for words. A ride of a lifetime. Such an achievement.

Thanks for this brother!

No problem. I found it interesting how Neil came up with the idea of the kit in a somewhat short period of time before NAMM since he had been using the red sparkle kit for the last 2 tours. If he had DW make a replica of his Artstars, I think I would've traveled back in time to see him play them.

Very cool !!

What does the R30 stand for?

Very cool! Dw's team did a fantastic job on that kit! After seeing it setup with all the stands I see why they went with the singles posts mounted to the riser. WOW that's a lot of tripod bases!

No problem. I found it interesting how Neil came up with the idea of the kit in a somewhat short period of time before NAMM since he had been using the red sparkle kit for the last 2 tours. If he had DW make a replica of his Artstars, I think I would've traveled back in time to see him play them.
The craftsman at DW really pulled-out all the stops, as did John Good. What a finish.

The craftsman at DW really pulled-out all the stops, as did John Good. What a finish.

Oh yeah, no kidding. I went to DW's Factory Day over the summer last year and I was absolutely blown away at how DW makes their drums. I remember my dad telling me that he'd buy me a DW kit because he was also blown away by the craftsmanship there. It would've been interesting if Neil came out with another kit that had the black finish with the big red stripe around the middle of the shells that he mentioned a little bit in the video.

Oh yeah, no kidding. I went to DW's Factory Day over the summer last year and I was absolutely blown away at how DW makes their drums. I remember my dad telling me that he'd buy me a DW kit because he was also blown away by the craftsmanship there. It would've been interesting if Neil came out with another kit that had the black finish with the big red stripe around the middle of the shells that he mentioned a little bit in the video.
I'm envious. I've added two serious contenders to my dream kit list (Yamaha and Sonor), courtesy of direction and advice from two Drummerworld members, however, if all still points in the direction of a DW kit when all the dust settles, I'm going to seriously consider boarding a flight and spending a day at the Oxnard Factory.

I'm envious. I've added two serious contenders to my dream kit list (Yamaha and Sonor), courtesy of direction and advice from two Drummerworld members, however, if all still points in the direction of a DW kit when all the dust settles, I'm going to seriously consider boarding a flight and spending a day at the Oxnard Factory.

I think the next factory day is probably some time in July.

I think the next factory day is probably some time in July.
One of the perks that comes by way of ordering a kit from DW, is you are afforded a VIP access tour anytime.

Another dream tour I'd love to experience... visiting the Paiste Factory.

Back