My column in DRUM!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Now that it has hit the stores, I can proudly announce that I am writing a regular column for DRUM! Magazine, Tips of the Trade, starting with the July issue currently in your favorite (or least favorite...) music store. Sorry about the blurred text, I really shouldn't be giving away copyrighted material. :) But for readers/subscribers of DRUM!, I hope you enjoy!

For those who've followed my posts here on the topic, it's largely the same message. :)

Bermuda

Attachments

• tipsofthetrade.jpg
    tipsofthetrade.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Awesome! Now I'll have to subscribe! Congratulations!

Just got my issue a couple of days ago and read that.. good article.. i still don't use a click though.. since i play for my basement walls and they really don't seem to care if i'm on time. :)

I'd love to read it, but their digital app is all kinds of broken. You can't just buy a single issue and the yearly subscription says one price then when you click on subscribe, it's more expensive.

I have also read the article and found it quite informative and easy reading.
Well done.

Can't wait to read your column. Congrats!

Congratulations, Jon!. I like the quote in the screen shot.

Just from the Pullquote i can tell it'd be a good column.

'No no, im trying to play behind the beat, and then in front of it, it gives it a push-pull aesthetic' haha

Yeah i like Drum! but i have no idea how i got a sub.. it just shows up every month.... Might have came with my sub to Drumchannel (which was a huge mistake)..

Good to hear this. I canceled my subscription after a year because it became too much about metal drummers and new gear reviews that were all 100% positive. It needs to include more articles by and about veterans. No offense :)

Good to hear this. I canceled my subscription after a year because it became too much about metal drummers and new gear reviews that were all 100% positive. It needs to include more articles by and about veterans. No offense :)

Well of course all the gear reviews are positive. They're not about to piss off any advertiser or others thinking about advertising.

I saw and enjoyed the article; well written and informative. I've grown to enjoy Drum! more over the years. The layout has improved immensely from the busy and sometimes hard to follow format that they've sometimes used and the quality of writing is normally very good. While they often feature popular artists (like Travis Barker) they also cover quite a few jazz artists and percussionists for a decent balance.

Back