The hidden life of the drummer :(

Andy

Honorary Member
Photo's, videos, live stage - we're always the last focus of attention, & not just because we're partially obscured by our drums. Here's a shot our gobist took at last night's rehearsal to post on social media. He took quite a few shots, but chose this one = tells you something eh!

Post your "drummer deliberately ignored" photo's / stories :)

Attachments

• rehearsal.jpg
    rehearsal.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 503
Ha! That's why I bring the camera to band practice, I'm front and centre of all our band videos.

Happens to me all of the time - both stills and video... If it weren’t for the BD logo, we wouldn’t know who was back there...

My Mom would always say, "If you want something done right, do it yourself!" Tripod set up just past the hihats looking at you.

What really annoys me the most is when I'm watching TV and or video coverage of live concerts. The most active player on stage is always the drummer. And yet the drummer gets the least amount of coverage in the video. Usually they take a shot of the drummer playing and it's a 2 to 3 second shot. It's not even long enough to figure out what kind of drum kit they are playing. Damn annoying !!!!

What really annoys me the most is when I'm watching TV and or video coverage of live concerts. The most active player on stage is always the drummer. And yet the drummer gets the least amount of coverage in the video. Usually they take a shot of the drummer playing and it's a 2 to 3 second shot. It's not even long enough to figure out what kind of drum kit they are playing. Damn annoying !!!!

Correct. I just watched a video yesterday where I was trying to see who the drummer was and in 7 minutes there was one or two 2 second shot.

You need to fight back Andy. At least put a small Guru logo right above the FU logo on your bass drum head. Yeah I know it's not in your kind hearted nature, but you know how the world will treat you if you don't stand up for yourself (at least once in a while).

Not only does our singer regularly post photos where I'm concealed, she still posts photos with their old drummer who's not been in the group for over a year.

Attachments

• 27459066_10215573499352957_8325980160552627494_n.jpg
    27459066_10215573499352957_8325980160552627494_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 451
As a stand up drummer doing rockabilly, I'm continually being stood in front of. My avatar pic is a rare shot...I assure you it's not like that normally. :-(

Got ya beat on this one Andy-here you go-the band and everyone has their back to me-the female singer is pointing in disgust and her mate has turned his back. So I'm like Oz the man behind the curtain. Actually it was a really fun gig-that's Wycliffe Gordon on trombone and he and other brass were tearing it up. You'd think I look like Quasimodo. A clear indicator when you are the low man on the totem pole. I was just luck there wasn't a nearby closet they'd put me in lol. You know I bet if I had been wearing my Fired Up t-shirt I would have been front and center ;) I look marvelous in black.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 421
Got ya beat on this one Andy-here you go-the band and everyone has their back to me-the female singer is pointing in disgust and her mate has turned his back. So I'm like Oz the man behind the curtain.

What? I can't even see you!

Oh! THERE you are!

So here's a funny one from my past. I played an event at a church lock-in for a bunch of a teenagers (I was like 40 in this video) and because my buddy (electric guitar) wanted to get some video of the event, we recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjYsshvdO4

As you can see, even when someone isn't standing in front of me, there's a post from the stair rail, perfectly placed and completely obscuring me.

And here's the kicker - guess who set up the camera. I DID! LOL!

Pretty much the story of my life.

Attachments

• stg.jpg
    stg.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 409
  • mcbab2011.jpg
    mcbab2011.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 410
  • nodrummer1.jpg
    nodrummer1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 412
  • radarstation.jpg
    radarstation.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 407
So here's a funny one from my past. I played an event at a church lock-in for a bunch of a teenagers (I was like 40 in this video) and because my buddy (electric guitar) wanted to get some video of the event, we recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjYsshvdO4

As you can see, even when someone isn't standing in front of me, there's a post from the stair rail, perfectly placed and completely obscuring me.

And here's the kicker - guess who set up the camera. I DID! LOL!

Change your name to Newell (post)

Back