lug keep de tuning

Achristian

hi i want to know whats the problem with my snare drum because every time i play the lug that closest to me is keep de tuning

Common problem. You probably do a fair amount of rimshots. There's a product called tightscrews that will solve that problem. You only have to use them on the lugs that de-tune. You could also thread a nut on your tension rod and tighten it to the lug after you've tuned it, basically for free.

The lug is loosening from vibration of the hoop and shell.
There are products that can solve this problem.
There are special tension rods and washers, etc that stop detuning.

That happens-- it's from playing rimshots. Just keep a drum key handy and re-tension it every once in awhile. Or the Lug Locks people are apparently still in business-- you could get your hands on some of those.

I think I've heard about people using some kind of vinyl spray on the problem lugs-- some kind of tacky lubricant, if that makes any sense-- anyone heard of that?

I don't think that cast hoops would help.
The Tightscrew tension rods is the way to go.

I use a Tightscrew on my Supra due to the same issue.

As larry said, you only have to use them on the lug that's loosening.

Common problem. You probably do a fair amount of rimshots. There's a product called tightscrews that will solve that problem. You only have to use them on the lugs that de-tune. You could also thread a nut on your tension rod and tighten it to the lug after you've tuned it, basically for free.

do you know where i can find that thing?

what do you by that i could also thread a nut? and its basically for free

You can buy two tightscrews for $2 with free shipping.
That is basically Free!
Larry also suggested buying nuts in a hardware store to lock the rods into place.

Last edited:
Back