New DW Pedal :D

Pimento

Picked up a DW 8000 series long board double kick pedal, tried the 9000s but didnt like them at all, in fact, ive never been a huge fan of DW pedals. But compared to the speed cobrad and demon drives, this one works well for my goofy feet and heavy legs. I prefer the more solid heavier feeling of the pedal, and appreciate its smoothness

I've had 5000's for years now and I love them. Very simple, and smooth.

Well its a huge upgrade from my iron cobras (pre powerglide and cobra coils even lol) the cobras feel lighter, but the DW makes it way easier for me to play double bass. I love a stiff pedal feel. Loving the longboards too

Well its a huge upgrade from my iron cobras (pre powerglide and cobra coils even lol) the cobras feel lighter, but the DW makes it way easier for me to play double bass. I love a stiff pedal feel. Loving the longboards too
I turned my 5000's into long boards, so that I could get all my pedals lined up. Have you tried the new Falcons yet. They are supposed to be very smooth.
1567.jpg

I'd like to try the 8000 longboards. I owner the regular 8002 double for a few days, but I returned it. Felt a little too bulky for me, and the heel plate made it uncomfortable for me to heel-toe. Now I wish I kept them a little longer and tinkered with them a bit. I'd love to pick up longboard soon, maybe a Falcon or Speed Cobra...

and sticks, every time you post up pics of your kit, I get mad at myself for not picking up a 7 piece in that finish late last year. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! lol

I'd like to try the 8000 longboards. I owner the regular 8002 double for a few days, but I returned it. Felt a little too bulky for me, and the heel plate made it uncomfortable for me to heel-toe. Now I wish I kept them a little longer and tinkered with them a bit. I'd love to pick up longboard soon, maybe a Falcon or Speed Cobra...

and sticks, every time you post up pics of your kit, I get mad at myself for not picking up a 7 piece in that finish late last year. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! lol
It's not too late my friend. The contrast is beautiful. :) I have seen some crazy cheap prices on the internet, compared to what I paid. This economy brings all our kits down in worth. I will keep mine for life probably so it is not that big of a problem. Not like some guys on sites that change their kits more than they change their underwear :)

I just got back from a good 3 hour jam with the new double kicks, i am really impressed. I love the bulky stiff feel and the heavy beaters, i am not a heel toe player, but play with my feet tucked under me a bit, so now i can get comfy, and if i hit in the middle of the foot board, its not a big deal.

A lot of people find these pedals too stiff, but for a guy like me thats perfect.

Now i need to figure out how to adjust the beaters so they dont slam into the top of my foot haha

Well, its been a few days, about a total of 20 hours or so on this pedal and i must say im impressed. Im a little choked that it didnt come with instructions, and there are none available on the DW site, but it seems pretty intuitive.

I have never had a piece of equipment change up my drumming so much. I thought my double bass was TERRIBLE and was beginning to be a little ashamed of it, but out of the box (only later adjusting the beater distance) i must say that i am a new drummer. Im pulling off flawless double kick patterns at a volume people notice, all the stuff in my head that "Ill be able to do with more practice later" i can now play like ive been doing it for years.

So it goes to show you, sometimes equipment does matter that much, my iron cobras were just plain wrong for me. I know a lot of people hate the heavy feel of the DW pedals, but i cant believe the difference. Of all the things ive bought for my drums, i would say that this is my most significant purchase to this day.

Back