Logo head dilemma

B_HALF19

Love the look of an unported logo bass drum head, love the sound and feel of my fiberskyn with a kickport.

Sound and feel should always come before aesthetics, so i mainly gig with the fiberskyn, even when my drums are unmiked.

But lately on this forum I've seen some pictures of some classy looking Ludwig (my brand of choice) logo heads with the white kickport. Thinking about doing this because I still retain the classy look without sacrificing what sounds best to my ears.

I'm proud of my drums so sometimes when I look at it from the audiences perspective, I feel like it should have the original logo head. Up until now I've been against cutting a hole in the original because I thought it looked sloppy. But the white kickport really helps.

Just thinking out loud I guess...

Easy solution to your dilemma.
Take your Ludwig Factory logo head off and put it away.
Grab your Fiberskyn on with the kickport...get it ready...
Go to your local drum shop and invest the $5 for A Ludwig transparent logo sticker
Carefully mark the center (it's hard to do this straight) and apply the logo

There you have Ludwig logo'd Fiberskyn with Kickport.

Also, use the hot coffee can method or use one of the "Holz" as a guide if no Kickport. If cutting by hand, you must use an Xacto knife with a guide if you want it clean and straight....uhh curved. I've done dozens this way.

Neal

i like the remo O'S which is their port holes. you stick it to the inside, then take a good knife (i prefer a box cutter) you use it as a template to cut the hole and your done.

a nice clean cut hole, looks clean on the outside and it protects the head from possible mike/mike stand damage.

they come in a pack of 3 with 2 larger hole ports which no one ever uses. i have a few 5" posts and classic ludwig logos in hite (not the classic script logos...i'm out of those) if interested let me know.

Back