Please help me find this kit (Tama Lars Ulrich Signature)

BradtallicA

38570_1344215772057_1431124702_770719_6084196_n.jpg

Howdy folks can anyone help me track down one of these powerful beauties?

Im willing to spend the $$$ to get one from any corner of the globe.

Cheers,
Brad.

Reactions: I-P
You can build a large white double bass drum kit using any manufacturer's drums. Some have featured quite prominently here from time to time. Is there something special about this Lars Ulrich model other than his name is on it?

Hi mate- yeah thanks for the tips.

For starters I collect rare and unique metallica items. Im talking cliff burton autographs, stage used items, rare promo posters, etc.

This kit hits the heart- its lars in his best form- its when metallica ruled the world- to me its also the best looking piece of kit ever made. (obviously drums have come along way since)

I was going to buy a kit off someone that did what you have mentioned but when it came to it id rather spend the extra and get the real thing!

besides it being a metallica thing its also the only full signature kit Tama has ever done so its pretty rare!

Hi mate- yeah thanks for the tips.

For starters I collect rare and unique metallica items. Im talking cliff burton autographs, stage used items, rare promo posters, etc.

This kit hits the heart- its lars in his best form- its when metallica ruled the world- to me its also the best looking piece of kit ever made. (obviously drums have come along way since)

I was going to buy a kit off someone that did what you have mentioned but when it came to it id rather spend the extra and get the real thing!

besides it being a metallica thing its also the only full signature kit Tama has ever done so its pretty rare!
Ah, ok, I get it. Your search is very specific from a collectors POV. Good luck :)

Rare, yes.

They were made for one year only, and they were a limited release.

When I worked at GC in San Francisco, we had one. I set it up and did a whole Lars display. . I forget the price tag, other than it was pricey. And then management moved it to one of the Los Angeles stores.

Last edited:
Yes,but refering to a recent thread, judging from the tom angles,that drummer would suck...just keepin it real.....>>:):)

Steve B

38570_1344215772057_1431124702_770719_6084196_n.jpg

Howdy folks can anyone help me track down one of these powerful beauties?

Im willing to spend the $$$ to get one from any corner of the globe.

Cheers,
Brad.

I would start my search at the Tama forum.Just join up,and check out the forsale wanted section,and make a few posts.

You could also check out some collectors sites like Ron Dunnette.

Steve B

Yes,but refering to a recent thread, judging from the tom angles,that drummer would suck...just keepin it real.....>>:):)

Steve B

True according to that thread but when you are short and use deep toms, you have no choice. Those toms are huge.
and the overkill with the weighted cymbal stands and the smallish cymbals

True according to that thread but when you are short and use deep toms, you have no choice. Those toms are huge.
and the overkill with the weighted cymbal stands and the smallish cymbals

I sat behind one of those kits when they were new, it was a display on the floor. Now I'm 6' tall, and felt like a munchkin behind the thing. Seriously, a 16" rack tom and 2 18" floors, the kit is ridiculously huge. I will say it does look pretty damn cool though.

I think it's an awesome looking kit. I see major dentage with those tom angles though.

Color me crazy, but I like that kit. I also like a lot of Lars' drum tracks and the accent placement he utilizes

God I hate that word "utilize''.

Just say USE.

That's my favorite of Lars' kits. Back when Tama made a mean looking drum kit. That kit was an Artstar II with black Granstar lugs. Certainly not my style now but I love it.

I too always wanted that kit and kinda settled for an 11 piece Imperialstar kit but it doesn't have those black Granstar lugs which look awesome. I am having a very hard time finding those telscoping cymbal stands and would pay big money for 5 or 6 of those. Good luck but anybody with that kit is going to want 5K plus I'm guessing.

BradtallicA:

I've seen those kits pop up on Ebay from time to time, but not in a while.
May want to keep en eye out.

If your interested I have the last pair of Lars' Signature Regal Tip drumsticks ever produced.
I worked for the company many years ago and found like 4-5 pair in the plant. I returned them all to Lars except 1 pair that I kept for myself ;)

They sit in my private collection, but I'd let'em go to the right buyer. PM me if your interested.

I have a snare drum head signed by the whole band (with Jason Newstead)...

I saw this exact kit for sale on ebay (Australia) for sale a few months ago (some guy from Perth I think). From what I remember, only the snare drum wasn't the real deal.
Not much help I know but I did go through the completed listings to no avail (don't know if it sold or not).
I also love this kit and think it was one of his best- if we all band together across the world I'm sure we can find one dammit!!

I saw this exact kit for sale on ebay (Australia) for sale a few months ago (some guy from Perth I think). From what I remember, only the snare drum wasn't the real deal.
Not much help I know but I did go through the completed listings to no avail (don't know if it sold or not).
I also love this kit and think it was one of his best- if we all band together across the world I'm sure we can find one dammit!!

Hi mate,

Cheers- i saw that one as well. I think from memory it was a replica! not the signature kit.

I know one will pop up eventually!

Back