Hornets drumsticks

drummingman

Gold Member
Does anyone play with them? If so what do you think of them?

No one in my area has them in stock so im thinking about ordering a pair of the 5B's.

Used them a lot about 2-3 years ago - loved them... Fairly durable, good balance - they're killer if you're experiencing any hand fatigue etc... they feel great. I was ordering them online and frankly the quality began to slip a bit towards the end - got a lot of warped sticks (probably 3 pair out of a doz) and the tips seemed to chip much easier etc...

I'm using Silverfox Boston Bashers/Fat Boys now and I'm thrilled with them.

Good Luck!

Mike Noll

Does anyone play with them? If so what do you think of them?

No one in my area has them in stock so im thinking about ordering a pair of the 5B's.

The main reason why im looking at them is that I have tendonitis in both my wrists. I have been using the zildjian anti-vibe 5B's but am still getting a good bit of shock. I have also been playing with different Ahead models, but just cant find one of their sticks that is what im looking for for weight and feel.

So, im looking at any sticks that will help reduce shock in the hands that I have not tried yet.

I still have a few Hornet sticks around that I play with. I don't know if the company still exists. I liked them a lot but I too had problems with their tips prematurely chipping. The only size I've ever used was a 5A. Their grips seemed as if they were more constructed for match grip players, but they also worked out well for traditional grip.

Dennis

What exactly about these sticks makes them easier on hand fatigue? I haven't seen any of these before

The way the grips of these sticks are sculpted. They also have a very nice balance. All I have is pictures of worn out sticks to show. Actually the only one that I have a picture of the grip is a stick with a broken tip that my girlfriend used as a plant support, lol. These sticks also came in a variety of colors, such as red, blue, green, black and natural. The butt of the sticks had three small O rings attached. Sometimes you had to check just to make sure all three were there.

Dennis

it looks as if the bigger end could counter balance the tip. Does this make for lighter playing naturally? Thus reducing fatigue as well?

it looks as if the bigger end could counter balance the tip. Does this make for lighter playing naturally? Thus reducing fatigue as well?

It does balance nicely in your hand where Hornet contoured the the grip of the stick, but it's usually the players hands that affects the ease of the dynamics of the playing. I really couldn't say for sure about fatigue because I generally change sticks quite often when playing just to keep dry sticks in my hands and also to conform to the type of music that were playing.

Dennis

My brother got a piar of these a few years ago. I played around with them a little. They were pretty comfortable. They broke very quicky though, and were far too expensive to justify using exclusively

Back