Mapex Falcon Pedal Missing from USA Site.

Trilogy72

Anyone notice that Mapex has removed the Falcon pedal from it's USA site yet? I had posted a question about this to Mapex on their Facebook page and this is what I was told:

"Mapex USA; We will be re-introducing the Falcon pedal soon. Once I have an date, I'll post it here and let you know."

Anyone have any more info on this? I love my Falcon pedal and will need to order a new one in about 6 to 8 months for my church. I hope they don't mess it up.

Anyone notice that Mapex has removed the Falcon pedal from it's USA site yet? I had posted a question about this to Mapex on their Facebook page and this is what I was told:

"Mapex USA; We will be re-introducing the Falcon pedal soon. Once I have an date, I'll post it here and let you know."

Anyone have any more info on this? I love my Falcon pedal and will need to order a new one in about 6 to 8 months for my church. I hope they don't mess it up.
Not sure if you saw the pick of the sledgehammer kit, but they had a Falcon hi-hat with the kit. Probably going to reintroduce them together.

Not sure if you saw the pick of the sledgehammer kit, but they had a Falcon hi-hat with the kit. Probably going to reintroduce them together.

I saw a Falcon hi-hat pedal at the London Drum Show in mid-October :)

If it is as good as the bass drum pedal, I want one, haha...

That would be great! I did miss that pic though. If it's true then I will have one ordered for the church too.

Its a nice pedal, very smooth, but something about it just feels off to me, I just cant get comfortable on it. Been using the Yamaha Flying Dragons for years. Have tried to replace them with the DW 9000 and 8000, Iron Cobras, Speed Cobra, Falcon. Always end up coming back to the Yammies. I will be giving the IC's another go, this time with some customization.

Its a nice pedal, very smooth, but something about it just feels off to me, I just cant get comfortable on it. Been using the Yamaha Flying Dragons for years. Have tried to replace them with the DW 9000 and 8000, Iron Cobras, Speed Cobra, Falcon. Always end up coming back to the Yammies. I will be giving the IC's another go, this time with some customization.

That answer I can totally respect. That is what I thought about the Speed Cobra.

Just found the pic of the Falcon hi hat stand. Looks sweet!

Attachments

• mapex_sledgehammer_kit_2.jpg
    mapex_sledgehammer_kit_2.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 1,605
Pedals are a very personal thing, but I find I can adapt to most pedals very quickly. I used 5000's for 25 years, up until I got my Falcons last year. They make the 5000's feel, and look pretty dated. I loved the fit and finish of the Falcon's. plus you can adjust just about everything on the pedal.

There were some patent issues with the Falcon Pedal and they were forced to do some redesigns to circumvent the patent infringement they were charged with. This is the story I have read on a few forums.

There were some patent issues with the Falcon Pedal and they were forced to do some redesigns to circumvent the patent infringement they were charged with. This is the story I have read on a few forums.
That's interesting. I also just noticed that the hat footboard has the new Mapex emblem. Guessing the new pedal will have the same.

Pedals are back up on the site, but there's no mention of the interchangeable cams anywhere. Guess Pearl has an issue with that, so looks like Mapex is doing away with that.

Pedals are back up on the site, but there's no mention of the interchangeable cams anywhere. Guess Pearl has an issue with that, so looks like Mapex is doing away with that.

I was just on the Mapex USA site and did not see the Falcon pedals. Am I just blind?

You're right, they're missing the from Mapex USA section. They're on the Mapex Workwide section on the site. http://www.falconpedals.com/

Did you try to click on the pedals to "Activate 360 View"? All it did for me is take me to the USA site. Your right, no word about the interchangeable cams. Very interesting.....

HA, I'm the same way.. tried all different pedals but I've always come back to the Yamaha's (the old style that for example, Weckl used in the 90s) and now I have a Flying Dragon. I also have a Camco that is great.

So do you guys think the discontinued version that breaches copyright/patent is the one to buy? I can buy one of these right now, heavily discounted, but I know that the dw9000 is my ideal.

Just toying with the idea, and I only have about 2 days to decide.

So do you guys think the discontinued version that breaches copyright/patent is the one to buy? I can buy one of these right now, heavily discounted, but I know that the dw9000 is my ideal.

Just toying with the idea, and I only have about 2 days to decide.

Hard to say but if I needed to get another one, I would get it. IMO, the only thing I would change is to have the ability to adjust the angle of the beater head like you can on the Iron Cobra beater. I have to ask, how much can you get the pedal for?

60% off retail, not sure exactly what that is yet, probably around $300 AUD.

Back