Jon Lord R.I.P.

harryconway

Platinum Member
Deep Purple keyboardist Jon Lord dies at 71
July 16, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
WENN
Deep Purple keyboardist Jon Lord has lost his battle with cancer at the age of 71.

Lord was diagnosed with a tumor in his pancreas in 2011, and he headed to Israel in February to undergo treatment. He was due to make his return in Hagen, Germany, earlier this month, but had to postpone the gig due to poor health.

A statement released at the time read, "Jon wishes to assure everyone that this is not a matter for concern, but it is a continuation of his regular treatment that has just taken longer than anticipated. He and the Hagen Philharmonic Orchestra hope to be able to reschedule the concert for later in the year."

However, Lord's condition took a turn for the worse, and he passed away Monday at a private hospital in London.

A post on his official website states, "It is with deep sadness we announce the passing of Jon Lord, who suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism today, Monday 16th July at the London Clinic, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Jon was surrounded by his loving family."

Not the greatest fan of Deep Purple (aside from a few songs here and there) but I have to say I was greatly saddened by the news too. His finest work was the band's finest work and that says much about how influential and skilled his playing was.

No!!

Logged in....and saw this. Nothing in the Aussie press at all. Typical!!

Sad indeed. He was one of a kind. How good is it that we still have his music.

I'm in a deadly silence. A big follower of Jon Lord's music work in and out of Deep Purple.

Rest In Peace - Mr. Jon Lord, great musician! Keep playing those keybords in Heaven...

Attachments

• Jon Lord_rip.jpg
    Jon Lord_rip.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 85
Back