New Premier genistas

I was looking at the new premier genistas and since I'm considering purchasing them. Are they good drums? I can't really test drive these, but would like to hear (or well read) what some owners think about them and if they are worth it or not. Thanks

That review is over a year and a half old. Premier is a different company now. They'll be coming out with a whole new line of drums next year.

Yeah.. I know that. What the O.P. is asking is about the current generation Genista series.. The one in the review IS the current series.

The new higher level kits coming out are the ones which look identical to the Aviation snare drums.

Sorry if the thread seemed abit confusing. I meant the current genistas. I was actually unaware a new series of genistas is coming haha, but yeah, I was asking about the current genistas.

Also. Is it true they have a tendency to detune frequently?

Last edited:
Sorry if the thread seemed abit confusing. I meant the current genistas. I was actually unaware a new series of genistas is coming haha, but yeah, I was asking about the current genistas.

Also. Is it true they have a tendency to detune frequently?

Yes.. this is the current Genista review above..

Where are you hearing about detuning frequently ??

Yes.. this is the current Genista review above..

Where are you hearing about detuning frequently ??

Some forums said it was kind of a problem, but maybe it was about the old ones. The genistas are return to my drums to purchase candidature. Yeah, I you could please tell some pro and cons about them, And if they're better than tama superstars or silverstars. or even the yamaha stage customs birch.

I you could please tell some pro and cons about them, And if they're better than tama superstars or silverstars. or even the yamaha stage customs birch.

This is more of a Pro drumkit compared to the ones you mentioned. I had the previous generation and they were better than most kits I've had since or before. I had several Yamaha Recording Customs around the same time, and the Genistas were like those but several notches above in terms of sonic performance.

This is more of a Pro drumkit compared to the ones you mentioned. I had the previous generation and they were better than most kits I've had since or before. I had several Yamaha Recording Customs around the same time, and the Genistas were like those but several notches above in terms of sonic performance.

Wow, they're really peaking my interest now. Ohhhh why is premier so overlooked :(

Their management I guess.. Read this owners reviews compared to other brands..

Premier Series Birch

Just read it. Seems that Premier are very good drums, and by what you have told, looks I should highly consider them, probably durable too, thanks for the info, Premiers are pretty rare, soundwise, would you consider them very flexible? from metal to jazz and avant garde? sorry to ask so many questiosn, but again. Info on these is scarce.

Sure , they are definitely flexible with different styles. The only problem is next to nothing support in the U.S. Are you in the U.S. ??

Just ran across this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents:

I own a set of Genistas that I bought in 1998. And I'd have to say, that they are excellent drums. Even though they are 14 years old, they look and sound like new.

I'll admit, every so often I get the urge to buy a new set, (DW, Gretch, etc.) But I have yet to find a kit that plays as well or sounds as good as my Genistas. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

They are great drums. Easy to tune, they hold their pitch and sound great with any style of music. I can't say enough about these drums.

I don't know how the new ones are, or going to be, but if they are anything like mine, you can't go wrong.

There is a reason they are called Premier. It's because they are the "premier" drum set.

Premier had many issues serving their dealers here in the US. Most dropped them due to slow parts arrival and lack of service from what I heard. They were great drums and have changed ownership several times. Hopefully they keep that quality and sound they used to possess. The Signias, Resonators, and Projectors were fantastic drums of the 90's.

Back