Evans tom heads combo

knut

Hi everyone, i am rookie as for the heads and i' d like, anyone who knows to give me an opinion for evans heads combo for my 12' and 16' floor toms. I thought, after searching, that a good solution is g2 batter and genera ressona. Another option is Ec2 batter (don' t know for the ressonance). I mostly play rock, jazz and heavier stuff too and i like to have options with my sound meaning sensitivity (and not muffled drums). Also, i thought coated on batter but i don' t know exactly the difference from clear(all i read is about "warmer" sound). Thnx!

Hi everyone, i am rookie as for the heads and i' d like, anyone who knows to give me an opinion for evans heads combo for my 12' and 16' floor toms. I thought, after searching, that a good solution is g2 batter and genera ressona. Another option is Ec2 batter (don' t know for the ressonance). I mostly play rock, jazz and heavier stuff too and i like to have options with my sound meaning sensitivity (and not muffled drums). Also, i thought coated on batter but i don' t know exactly the difference from clear(all i read is about "warmer" sound). Thnx!

My personal favorite is Coated G2 over clear G1 on toms. If tuned well, they can sing for days and are full, round, fat sounding heads. However, if you want more attack and a more wide-open sound, you can't go wrong w/ Clear G2s on top, either.

I don't muffle in any way and I can't stand any of the EC heads - they're garbage IMO. They're thick, a PITA to tune, and sound like plastic crap. Just my opinion...

Thnx very much zambizzi. I' ve decided to go for the G2 coated but i don' t knov about the bottom. I' m between G1 clear and genera resona. Which are the differences? The G2 are 2 ply and the G1 clear and genera resona 1 - ply right?

Go with G1 on the bottoms. I had Genera Resonant heads on my Mapex kit for some time. These things were terrible. They made any batter head sound terrible. Basically they generate a lot of high end frequencies which leaves the drum sounding thin. I have G1 clears on the Mapex kit and it's beautiful now. My Gretsch kit has g2 coated over g1 coated, great stuff too, although I probably won't buy any more g2s.

Back