I think I'm going deaf, or partially deaf.....:(

I've begun to notice recently that I'm beginning to have trouble hearing-wise- I can't hear the TV unless I turn the volume up (and then other people complain it's too loud), I have to listen to music full-blast to hear the lyrics properly, and listening to conversations is a NIGHTMARE- I have to lipread people often, and if I misread what they're saying, it can cause problems.

In terms of music I always try to be careful, wearing earplugs and only playing for short periods. At gigs I try to muffle the kits if possible and we only do 40 minutes songs at a time.

I've been cleared by doctors but this is starting to screw my life right up, to the point where I was almost hit by a car crossing the road.

Any suggestions???

I know what it's like to be hearing impaired, my right ear hears with less than 50% of a normal hearing. What did the doctors tell you? Maybe a hearing aid device might help?

I know what it's like to be hearing impaired, my right ear hears with less than 50% of a normal hearing. What did the doctors tell you? Maybe a hearing aid device might help?

The audiologist said that there was no reason why I wasn't hearing correctly, and that it was most likely a inner ear infection which was recurring.

Can that be treated? It sounds like it's something that can be cured and with some luck even prevented to recur to a certain extent?

Go back to your GP and keep doing so until he at least drains your ears. Strange if you had an infection in both ears , but a syringing might help. If that doctor doesn't listen go and see another one. Don't take no for an answer, it sounds too serious.

Seek out a naturopathic or homeopathic practitioner. They'll think outside the box and will be more effeective. Sorry about your condition..

Sounds like you should definitely get a 2nd opinion. And it may not be as drastic as you fear...could be something that can be helped. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Larry and Mary, great advices, but this is an old thread from 2008, and Fassa hasn't visited the forum since may 2008.

Just saying in case you didn't noticed the date.

Back