Andy

Honorary Member
your band gets FB messages like this :)

Conversation between David Franklin and Fired Up Band
Conversation history

David Franklin 21 October 20:18
Alright boys looking for dates for next year, if you got any, Dave

Fired Up Band 22 October 18:52
Hi Dave, we're just in the process of mapping out dates for next year. Would love to have a couple in there for you. We'll be in touch soon.

David Franklin 23 October 01:01
Ok, cheers lads, as many dates as you want!

Does that have another meaning?

Dates?

Couples?

I have a friend who has a Korean girlfriend. He often introduces her as Chick Korea.

Andy, Im not surprised. Your band hits the sweet spot every link of yours that i've ever seen.Women remove bras,grown men lose their minds, what else could a promoter/club owner want?

Im thrilled that you're having this great 'secong coming' as a drummer. More power to you, bud!

Last edited:
Baby Bob's interpretation rocks lol

Andy, great to see your musical renaissance. How do you find the time? Hope you're setting time aside for chilling ...

Does that have another meaning?

Dates?

Couples?
Hahaha, fantastic BB! I wish ;)

Andy, Im not surprised. Your band hits the sweet spot every link of yours that i've ever seen.Women remove bras,grown men lose their minds, what else could a promoter/club owner want?

Im thrilled that you're having this great 'secong coming' as a drummer. More power to you, bud!

Thanks Abe, I appreciate your support - really :) As for "second coming", that was never really an aim. In fact, if I'm honest with myself, there's no way I deserve any shot at succeeding, because my drummer skills work ethic is non existent/a joke/sheer laziness.

Baby Bob's interpretation rocks lol

Andy, great to see your musical renaissance. How do you find the time? Hope you're setting time aside for chilling ...
Yes Grea, BB's take rocks big time :) Chilling, well, no actually. I get precious little time for playing or the band, as I'm utterly consumed with Guru stuff for like 60 hours/week :( There will be a price to pay, as there's no such thing as a free lunch. My playing is certainly suffering. The other thread I'm about to put up is just one example of the huge workload. Both a pleasure, & a strain at the same time.

Wahell...wasn't in the right mind when I posted that. Oh well, good luck with your band Andy :)

Yep. You're doing something right. Hopefully there will be some hot chicks there when you go on these dates. hehehe. Maybe just take a small practice pad to work and get in 5 min here and there where you can just to keep your hands and wrists loose. It always takes me an hour to warm up before i get relaxed and grooving well with the music.

It seems you're living the dream.Good on ya mate.:)

Steve B
Cheers Steve, but not even close really. We're just a bar/club band who's a bit more in demand than most, & occasionally gets to step up to some bigger gigs.

That's awesome Andy! Good luck with being even more busy than you probably want to be ;)
Thanks Bo, ain't that the truth ;)

Wahell...wasn't in the right mind when I posted that. Oh well, good luck with your band Andy :)
Thanks BB :)

Yep. You're doing something right. Hopefully there will be some hot chicks there when you go on these dates. hehehe. Maybe just take a small practice pad to work and get in 5 min here and there where you can just to keep your hands and wrists loose. It always takes me an hour to warm up before i get relaxed and grooving well with the music.
I don't poses a practice pad, & I never warm up before a gig. Yes, I know, yet another example of my unprofessionalism :(

I like the fact that he put you in the power position. YOU pick the dates, not we have this this and this open. That says a lot.

Have to disagree about your statement about not deserving this because you feel you don't practice enough. Andy, one thing about you...you grow as a player. If you grow without practice, that beats not growing with practice in my book. The growth thing is the bottom line, how you grow.... matters not. Growth is huge. Bottom line, your band delivers the goods, in a style that you don't see in the bars around me at least, and as a result, bar owners want you and are being nice to you. You bring in the euros. Bar owners being nice to musicians? OK you're doing something really right. Either that or the English people are even nicer than I thought.

If there's anything I've gleaned from these boards, and my own personal experiences, it's that how good you play and how successful you are don't necessarily have to line up. Not referring to your band here at all, I don't want anyone to assume that, but over here in the States, I know my share of what I consider "bad" bands that are really good at booking themselves, and as a result, they have name recognition and work a lot. OTOH, I know my share of very good bands that have substandard "booking chops" and as a result, are not as "successful" as "lesser" bands.

Your humbleness is a great thing. But you do deserve every success you get. I believe you've built up so much good karma that at some point, it comes back to you. I believe you are on the receiving end of all the kind things you've done in your life. Not only that, but damn man, you work your ass off. You deserve all the good things you get from energy expenditure alone.

As for "second coming", that was never really an aim. In fact, if I'm honest with myself, there's no way I deserve any shot at succeeding, because my drummer skills work ethic is non existent/a joke/sheer laziness.
I disagree. Larryace +1. You deserve every bit of it. Cool, that you're humble about it, though.​

You deserve all the good things you get from energy expenditure alone.

I disagree. Larryace +1. You deserve every bit of it. Cool, that you're humble about it, though.​
Thanks guys, you're too kind - really. Larry, I read every word, & I hope I do have a bit of kalma energy equity.

I've been so stupidly busy recently, that I've paid insufficient attention to the band. Last week's practice was a case in point. Ok, I was literally hours back from the London Drum show, but the band had a specific groove they wanted me to try on their take on a new song (Toto, Hold the Line). It involves a fairly slow left hand lead 16th note groove, with syncopated bass drum ostinato & a hihat lift on 7 & 16. For a bin basher like me, that's quite a head f*&^*k, & especially in an exhausted condition. I will nail it, but I couldn't get it to flow on the fly. Maybe I'll find some time this week when I'm setting up kits & trying out head choices for the video shoots.

Not to pick nits, but Hold the Line is in 12/8, a triplet not 16th feel. It's like a fast slow blues lol. Is your band doing it's own "16th note feel" version? Or are you trying to replicate the original?

Not to pick nits, but Hold the Line is in 12/8, a triplet not 16th feel. It's like a fast slow blues lol. Is your band doing it's own "16th note feel" version? Or are you trying to replicate the original?
Bugger! Sorry Larry, had a brain fart. Yes, you're, of course, correct. I'm playing it 16th style but in 12, left hand lead, hh lift on 5 & 12. My damn brain!! Actually, I might change that to right hand lead, then put a correction in for the verse stuff I'm doing in 4th notes. Haven't quite got to grips with it yet, but I'm keen to move slightly away from the intense right hand vibe, to more of a relaxed hand to hand feel.

Back