The First Track From My Debut Album aka DRUMMERS UNITE WRITE AND HIRE SESSION GUYS FOR A CHANGE

Bonzoleum sounds like a new flooring product for drum rooms. Will listen to the cut when I get home.

Well, the first thing I can say is that I listened to the whole song willingly. It's actually pretty good. Couldn't say if you struck gold there, but it definitely belongs on an album. Would I hear it again? Yes.

As far as the song goes, it got much better in the second half because you stepped up the cymbal work (ride cymbal) keeping the time, rather than the continuous 8th notes in the beginning and first half of the song. The second half sounded more professional (meaning it sounded like more production went into it). I really liked the way your drums and cymbals sound too.

Thanks for the compliment!

I did write everything. It was a bit frustrating at times when you hear something in your head but it's hard to reproduce exactly as you have to explain to another musician what it is-the note part is easy but you want just the tone & touch you want and that's hard to relay sometimes.

Nice job, well-produced, tho the music itself does absolutely zero for me. Sounds like it woulda made UK top 100 in 1975

i hear ya, everyone has a different perspective on what the tones should be and what the music should sound like, and sometimes it can get very frustrating when 2 heads clash. i have seen that very thing kill many good bands around my area.

i can see how it can get boring playing cover tunes for too long, especially if you have the means to write and record your own music.

Nice job, well-produced, tho the music itself does absolutely zero for me. Sounds like it woulda made UK top 100 in 1975

Actually, that's a GOOD thing. Music in the mid 1970s was the best ever. Back when DJ's could actually play what they wanted.

Congrats to you for joining same company as Levon Helm, Ringo, Don Henley, Phil Collins (who else am I missing...?)

Nice song - catchy riff. But it sounds like a track before the mixdown. The guitar is a bit too loud. It also seems as if it is clipping a bit - although it is only coming through my computer speakers. I would see about having it mixed by a professional audio engineer. I think the product will be more marketable that way.

Jeff

Good for you. As a drummer who struggles to get musicians together I can totally relate and wish I was handy with a guitar etc. myself, so I could do the same thing; just so I can play my drums.

Reminisent of a young Ringo Starr "type" of tune you can also say T.Petty-ish or the Travelin' Wilderbeast /you know) a nice tune but wheres the Bassman? I can't believe you have comments from drummers and not one drummer heard that the bassline was missing. What do you guys hook up to the keys?? Nice tune I enjoyed it, send it to me and I'll ad a great bassline, maybe my old Gibson One might sound perfect. Doc

The bass is in there but quite faint.. The guitar is a bit loud-especially on the front end of the tune.
When I do the dance remix I'll rectify that!!

People dance to the snare/kick and bass line. The rest is fluff hahahaha!!! Mo' Bass! Doc

two words: Hellz Yeah.

six more words: it's perfect. don't change a thing.

more: punchy perfect mix. all parts are perfect. singing included. very very nice.

yes.

Very tasty, I liked it, has great potential for becoming a good groove tune. I do agree with others in that the guitar does come through quite loud and the bass is barely present. I believe getting it mastered and mixed down as mentioned would do this song a world of justice. Great job on your first song, I wish I could claim the same talent. I like how you have named your first album a greatest hits album...kudos too you....

Back