Choosing a condenser mic for my home setup

pinoydrummer

I'm setting up a basic recording in a small rectangular room (L-4.5m, W-2m, H-1m). Concrete walls, wooden floors and ceilings.

I'm thinking of getting the Alesis iO4 (audio interface) and one condenser
mic for starters. I've been reading a ton of great suggestions from this forum and
I'm very thankful for that. Right now I'm choosing between a Behringer ECM8000
and a Behringer C-1.

This is for home use only but I'm also planning to record drum covers. My budget
for a condenser mic is less than $100. What condenser would you choose and
also what do you think about Alesis iO4?

I'm setting up a basic recording in a small rectangular room (L-4.5m, W-2m, H-1m). Concrete walls, wooden floors and ceilings.

I'm thinking of getting the Alesis iO4 (audio interface) and one condenser
mic for starters. I've been reading a ton of great suggestions from this forum and
I'm very thankful for that. Right now I'm choosing between a Behringer ECM8000
and a Behringer C-1.

This is for home use only but I'm also planning to record drum covers. My budget
for a condenser mic is less than $100. What condenser would you choose and
also what do you think about Alesis iO4?

Am I doing this approximate conversion to standard incorrectly? Your room is only about 6 1/2 feet wide and 3 feet high? If I'm correct, you have more problems than just finding a good condenser microphone for under $100, lol. You're also going to need a bit of sound absorbing material and a rug just to be able to hear yourself think.

I'm not picking, just trying to figure this out.

Dennis

Am I doing this approximate conversion to standard incorrectly? Your room is only about 6 1/2 feet wide and 3 feet high? If I'm correct, you have more problems than just finding a good condenser microphone for under $100, lol. You're also going to need a bit of sound absorbing material and a rug just to be able to hear yourself think.

I'm not picking, just trying to figure this out.

Dennis

Thanks for replying Dennis. Here's a photo of my drum room.

Attachments

• DSC06935_zpsddaff173.jpg
    DSC06935_zpsddaff173.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 148
Back