DW 2000?

Scopata

Was thinking about getting a DW 2000 Single Pedal.
Money is a bit of an issue so I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to play it or owns it what their thoughts on it were before I buy? Thanks.

Last edited:
For $20 more, you can buy the 3000, which I own and would recommend. It's a more solid, double-chain pedal with some adjustability options the 2000 doesn't have. $20 shouldn't be that hard to come up with.

For the same kind of money, you'd be better off seeing if you could get a DW5000 on the used market. In fact, any high-end pedal for that matter. Iron Cobras, Eliminators and all of them are available abundantly on the used market and are worth looking for rather than a lower-end DW.

For the same kind of money, you'd be better off seeing if you could get a DW5000 on the used market. In fact, any high-end pedal for that matter. Iron Cobras, Eliminators and all of them are available abundantly on the used market and are worth looking for rather than a lower-end DW.

Agreed. I have purchased two DW5000s on eBay and I am very happy with them. They are tough, reliable, easy to maintain and work very well.

Compared to all the other models in the DW line, the 2000 is at the bottom for good reason. If you aren't able to get a good used pedal, at least try out at their 3000 series. It doesn't fight with you like the 2000 seems to do. I believe the 3000 series is about $20 to $30 USD more than the 2000.

Dennis

Buying used is usually not an problem with cymbals and drums, but with hardware such as pedals it can be a little more of an issue. With so many moving parts, there could easily be something that the seller is not telling you or that he is not aware of, and it would be very hard to tell from pictures alone. If you're going to buy used, I would recommend buying locally just so you can make sure there aren't any problems.

If not, the DW 3000 would be a better choice.

I think its abysmal that DW still makes the 2000 and would want to put there name on it with the 3000 so close in line.

Back