Peace X3 Aqua Marine Bee-Bopp 9 ply Canadian Rock Maple Jazz kit

Thanks shoedaddy. Just got them so no sound or video clips yet just these hot off the press pics. Same Peace X3 Bee-Bopp kit owned by the bass player in this clip with a different finish Strawberry Fields:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3aiuX18Anc

Wow, Stan! That kit sounds great--I'm definitely going to look into Peace a little bit more. Love the sound of the Istanbuls, too. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks Karl. Just a different tonal flavour to add to the drum mix. They're a little brighter and livelier than the bubingas being Canadian rock maple shell drums. Love the sound of both kits for different reasons. Yes that's my 06 LE with the 6 rivets I added recently seen in the pic....:}

You're welcome shoedaddy and glad you enjoyed the clip. Playing that kit seen in the YouTube clip owned by the bass player weekly at reh.'s had me leaning towards getting the X3 Bee-Bopp maple shell kit in the first place.

A couple of more comments I want to make I missed in my initial mention of these new drums. From a construction aspect the 9 ply maple shells have about the most flawless joint seams i've seen on a modern ply type construction shell to date as seen on the outer and inner surfaces on each drum. Also the bearing edges are flawless too on all three of the new 9 ply Canadian rock maple shell drums. Each drum has a ever so slightly rounded bearing edge on each 9 ply shell producing a very rich responsive warm attack of note and tone. Each drum is also perfectly round and true and super easy to tune quickly to any desired pitch. The quality of the applied laquer finish on each drum is state of the art too in my view.

One other comment which a student mentioned today who played them was the striking clear and singing melodic quality of the overall drum sound in general. No matter what degree of dynamic response thrown at them or range of tuning the drums don't choke up period I discovered.

Peace just keeps making a better and better level of high quality drum as good as any of the other high end high quality drums from the distant past or in present IMO.

Peace the unknown underdog fine drum maker without a doubt.....

.....have about the most flawless joint seams i've seen on a modern ply type construction shell.......The quality of the applied laquer finish on each drum is state of the art too in my view.

One other comment which a student mentioned today who played them was the striking clear and singing melodic quality of the overall drum sound in general. No matter what degree of dynamic response thrown at them or range of tuning the drums don't choke up period I discovered.

Peace just keeps making a better and better level of high quality drum as good as any of the other high end high quality drums from the distant past or in present IMO.

Peace the unknown underdog fine drum maker without a doubt.....
Indeed. When I first noticed Peace drums at a NAMM show, some 6 or 7+ years ago, I knew they'd be "movers and shakers", so to speak. They keep slowly gaining momentum. Another beautiful kit, Stan.

Indeed. When I first noticed Peace drums at a NAMM show, some 6 or 7+ years ago, I knew they'd be "movers and shakers", so to speak. They keep slowly gaining momentum. Another beautiful kit, Stan.

Thanks Harry :}

Yes in the actual flesh they're even more impressive in the sound and looks department showing their true fine level of quality compared to all others in the high end ply type construction drum market past or present Harry. Just a matter of time for others to experience this firsthand for themselves.

As the badge around the chrome finished brass vent on the X3 Bee-Bopp 16"x18" Aqua Marine bass drum clearly states: "Made By Hand In Taiwan".

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,459
hi Stan, i stumbled into this thread while researching this kit on google. i can't seem to get a price on the x3 kit. i was wondering how much damage this bad boy did to your wallet?

Stan that is a lovely kit mate. I love everything about it. When I saw the opening shots I wondered if the bearing edges would be a bit round for you.

Nice one mate.

hi Stan, i stumbled into this thread while researching this kit on google. i can't seem to get a price on the x3 kit. i was wondering how much damage this bad boy did to your wallet?

I purchased these beauties at the price they were about a year ago and since then they have a new addition of wooden hoops with them released at NAMM this year which are coming in very soon at Heartbeat Percussion the local Canadian distributor for Peace i've been told.

Noel or Chad at Heartbeat could give you the price of what the latest model of the X3 Bee-Bopp kits go for larfboy. Use the "contact us" link on the Heartbeat website to get in touch to get the full scope regarding pricing is my advice:

http://www.heartbeatpercussion.com/

Still loving these drums very much!

Here's a pic of the latest version of the X3 Bee-Bopp kit with the wooden hoops taken at NAMM this year for reference.

Attachments

• Peace X3 with wooden hoops.jpg
    Peace X3 with wooden hoops.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,516
Stan that is a lovely kit mate. I love everything about it. When I saw the opening shots I wondered if the bearing edges would be a bit round for you.

Nice one mate.

Thanks wy.....

Very nicely done laser cut bearing edges with a slight 45 degree angle on these straight up shells but NOT super sharp at the actual bearing edge on each of the 9 ply maple shells. Lovely clear and warm melodic tone for each drum wy. Easy to tune with a great dynamic range and response too. Added the matching Aqua Marine finish maple shell snare to the kit this year too. Killer snare drum!

Can you describe the snare bed?

Yes. Shallow {not deep} and wide being more rounded over, very precise in execution on both sides. Gradually tappered in to where the bearing edge of the 9 ply maple shell has been widened and more rounded over near the actual contact spot with the snares.

Drum doesn't choke at any dynamic range played and is nice and crisp wy.

Really. Hmmmm. Okay I like the description. Is this standard or per your spec's?

How good is the throw off?

Standard....others i've seen in the field on these maple snare shells have the same.

Nothing fancy but smooth and functions very well with the nice touch of dual drum key adjustment heads on the throw off and the other fixed in place side to remove or set of snares in place using thin aircraft cable in my case.

Its been in the studio with the rest of the maple kit a few times now and records beautifully wy.

Thanks Stan. Please feel my questions were serious. I am always looking for new snare drums. I will ask at the shop if we can get them in. I'd like to try one after reading your thoughts.

That's a real beauty, Stan. Bet it sounds wonderful. We look forward to hearing it. I can hold on to your Bubinga if you don't have any room, or don't want to make the maple jealous. I know that's big of me.

Thanks Stan. Please feel my questions were serious. I am always looking for new snare drums. I will ask at the shop if we can get them in. I'd like to try one after reading your thoughts.

Well it does what it should do but its not super fancy.......the sound and response hit the mark for me which really matters.

So you can get Peace in Australia at your specific dealer wy?

I always consider what I play with 2 Peace Bop size kits one in all 9 ply bubinga and with my other alternate phosphor bronze snare for the maple kit as the great sleeper "unknowns" on the overall drum market....at least when it comes to their pro level stuff and offerings for sure :}

Back