Cheap drum wrap from Ebay?

No first hand experience but life always seems to keep saying 'you get what you pay for'.

Spend a little more and get the real deal.

A friend of mine bought Bum wraps from http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com/ and they came out pretty good. I believe there are some threads on this site from people who used them and had positive things to say. There are also youtube videos on the site showing how easy they are to apply. Might cost a little more than the guy on ebay, but at least you know what you are spending your money on. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm going to second the shout-out for bumwraps. I saw a kit a few weeks ago that made me think, wow, that's a sharp looking kit, I need to go check it out. It wasn't till I got within arms-length and gave it the stink-eye that I realized it was bumwrap, and not gloss lacquer.

Another recommendation for Bum Wrap. It's good-quality stuff that applies easily, and they stand behind their product. The sparkle stuff on eBay is usually very thin, low-quality, and can be torn or damaged quite easily. Some have even likened it to vinyl shower curtain material.

Thank you everyone for the recommendation. I'll definitely consider Bum Wrap Drum Co. I did a search on google and they seem to be very highly regarded. They have so many options too!

The stuff you've sen on Ebay is OK as long as you understand its significant limitations.

1. It's really thin and doesn't take knocks too well.
2. If you use it the surface you apply it to must be absolutely smooth otherwise any imperfections WILL show through.
3. It's a pain to put on so it's wrinkle/bubble free.

I recovered an old Yam 9000 kit made up of orphans with it and it looked great, but even so I ended up getting some Delmar glitter for it eventually.

Bum drum can do anything! I got a 6 piece for just under 30 and a set of hoops. Just no glitter or sparkles.
Another recommendation for Bum Wrap. It's good-quality stuff that applies easily, and they stand behind their product. The sparkle stuff on eBay is usually very thin, low-quality, and can be torn or damaged quite easily. Some have even likened it to vinyl shower curtain material.

Back