Removing Remo Logo from PS3 Kick Head

Yeah I've heard nail polish remover works too. Check with Caddywumpus, I'm sure I've read a post or two where he's detailed the process.....supposedly very quick and very easy to do, with no detrimental effect on the head.

Goof Off and WD40 will also work.
Apply and let it sit for a few mins and rub lightly until the ink comes off.
I removed the remo logo from the head in the pic below with Goof Off.

Last edited:
Paint Thinner is the ONLY thing you should use and then wipe it off with a damp cloth. There are some things in nail polish remover that can worse the skin's condition and durability.

Paint Thinner is the ONLY thing you should use and then wipe it off with a damp cloth. There are some things in nail polish remover that can worse the skin's condition and durability.

Don't know about removing logos, but I'm guessing that it depends on whether the nail polish remover is acetone-based or not. Hard to imagine acetone being good for a drum head.

Acetone is actually a solvent that will melt some plastics like acetate.Thats how it removes nail polish..it melts it.Engravers that use a pantograph machine actually use acetone instead of glue to affix letters to a master.There's some usless info for you.I would go with WD 40 or Goof Off.Paint thinner is very toxic and even the vapors are flammable,so it should not be used indoors..be careful and not casual.

Steve B

I'm guessing none of the suggested methods would work on a coated head. Either you'd be left with an unsightly stain where the logo once was - or no coating where the logo once was.

There must be some chemists on this forum who can answer these crucial and important questions. Step away from your bunsen burners boys and girls and tell us the ins and outs of this.

I tried different things on a Remo UT coated head.

Goof Off removed the coating with the logo

WD40 had little affect on the logo

Mineral Spirits took a long time and it faded the logo without removing the coating.

Goof Off worked in the least amount of time. It faded the logo substantially.
It worked the best of the above.
I couldn't get the logo completely off of a coated head.

Last edited:
I tried different things on a Remo UT coated head.

Goof Off removed the coating with the logo

WD40 had little affect on the logo

Mineral Spirits took a long time and it faded the logo without removing the coating.

Goof Off worked in the least amount of time. It faded the logo substantially.
It worked the best of the above.
I couldn't get the logo completely off of a coated head.

A genuinely useful experiment - thanks for doing that Bob. I guessed that coated heads would present much more of a challenge. And from what you say Goof Off probably would work very well for non-coated heads. I'm not sure if that product is available outside the US or if it is, what its specific trade name is. Do you know who manufactures it?

Last edited:
yeah, i bought a 20'' coated emperor when my logo head busted (after prolonged use with a botched port hole job)...i hated that jumbo remo logo so before the show, i taped some old magazine pages around the head's collar (with the tape applied to the back of the head, coating and tape are not friends) and just spray painted the whole thing white!! i just gave it a light, even application, removed the scrap tape and paper, and it sounded fine. looked pretty sharp, too! wouldn't recommend for ANY other drumhead tho...especially clear, smooth white, suede, and black logo heads, there's very little for the paint to adhere to. before replacing the head, make sure it is 100% dry!!! oh, and for the record, i don't play a junker kit, either-lol...with a little care and attention, this method will do you right.

Last edited:
Goof Off is made by Valspar Corp in Illinois USA. They are a large paint manufacturer.
It is the same as an industrial product that is made by the 3M corp.
I use the 3M version in the automotive trade everyday as an adhesive remover to remove the glue from duck tape, etc.

Goo Gone is the milder of the two that will not break down the drumhead coating.
It is made by Magic American Products in Ohio USA.

I had fun fooling around.

I agree that the logos on some drumheads are getting way to large.
The Remo logo doesn't even look appealing.
I hope that someone from Remo reads this thread and they have a meeting about this.
The Aquarian logo that is put on bass drum resos is on the bottom. It is tasteful and not that large. Thanks Roy! I love you man.

The Remo logo doesn't even look appealing.
I hope that someone from Remo reads this thread and they have a meeting about this.

It certainly should concern them that drummers are trying to find ways of removing their logo. You would have thought they would prefer to have a discrete but intact logo on their heads rather than none (because the drummer's removed it).

I have removed logos from throne tops precisely because I thought they were large and ugly and didn't complement my delicate cheeks :)

I have an idea.
Let's have everyone from Drummerworld that agrees that drumhead logos are to large send an email to the big three and ask them nicely to tone the logos down a bit.
Send them a link to this thread with your email.
I have a feeling that if they receive hundreds of well written requests they will react to them.
Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldn't they?

Because they won't be convinced that reducing the logo size will increase sales and profits and because they think that the larger logo size increases the likelihood that their logo will be seen in any TV and film appearances by name drummers and that does increase sales and profits. And actually it probably does.

But so long as we know how to remove the logos we have the power to achieve that all important neutral aesthetic.

I'm off to remove the REMO logo from the clear ambassador on the front of my bass drum now. The logo on coated ambassador on my other kit will have to stay though I like the idea of a fine coat of white spray paint.

Let's ask Evans Prez.
He came to us asking for our input. let's all send him a PM and link this thread to it.
I will be the first.

Hi All, I want to thank Bob for letting me know about this thread. I am reading it with interest.

First of all yes, all the companies including us increased their logo size over the years primarily due to getting brand exposure on music videos, concert simulcasts, TV and movies. I will share this thread with our marketing people and let them know that you think we've overdone it a bit on the size. We placed the Evans logo on the bottom of the bass head a few years ago and haven't heard any negative feedback on that placement. I would agree the logo size on the toms and snare could be reduced. On the bass drum, I think we're o.k. on the size but what do you guys think?

Regarding how to remove the logo - first of all let me say I'm fine with you removing the logos of our competition - just kidding....sort of....

In our factory when we need to redo a logo, we use lacquer thinner/paint thinner to remove it.

Thanks for the input. Rick Drumm

Thank you for responding Rick.
I think that most of us are OK with a logo on the bottom of a bass reso.
I know that it doesn't bother me.
I don't like a large logo on the top of my bass reso.

I am OK with a small logo on the tom heads.
The logos on the tom heads from all of the manufacturers have hit the 3x2 inch area range.
That is getting a bit large.
That is why some of us have begun to remove them.

Thanks once again for listening.
We all appreciate it.

I have also contacted Remo and Aquarian and I have sent them the link to this thread.

Last edited:
Back