Just curious -----------

The way I see it, it's very difficult to create something in 60-90 seconds that expresses who I am. But I am going to keep working as this as a good musical exercise.

I'm being rewarded for giving some effort and time, and the reward is the chance to own a Guru drum for nothing! I don't think it is much hardship and yes I most likely will not win (odds dictate that no matter how good my odds are) but I will have learned more about myself as a musician, potentially got some feedback from others on my playing and maybe, just maybe, I could own a drum made by master craftsmen who are dedicated more to getting the purest sound, over making obscene amounts of profit.

I can't see why more people aren't entering but I am grateful as it gives me a better chance to win :p

Since then I have been considering how I can broaden out my ideas..... I might have to consult my young neices who have yet to have their brains stultified with linear, spock like thinking (as the "education system does so well)...get a "non drummers" viewpoint of a snare and what it does.........
That's the idea!!! :)

Apparently I've offended some people by answering a question that was asked. I'm kind of confused by that,
Good luck to you all.
I really appreciated your candid reply. It's real impressions I'm after, not telling me what you think I want to hear. Thank you :)

The way I see it, it's very difficult to create something in 60-90 seconds that expresses who I am. But I am going to keep working as this as a good musical exercise.

I'm being rewarded for giving some effort and time, and the reward is the chance to own a Guru drum for nothing! I don't think it is much hardship and yes I most likely will not win (odds dictate that no matter how good my odds are) but I will have learned more about myself as a musician, potentially got some feedback from others on my playing and maybe, just maybe, I could own a drum made by master craftsmen who are dedicated more to getting the purest sound, over making obscene amounts of profit.

I can't see why more people aren't entering but I am grateful as it gives me a better chance to win :p
A musical exercise is a great approach, & to have a chance of winning as a result of that effort, is a bonus. I'm really looking forward to your submission :)

Just got the first entry from someone under 16. Unless there's other under 16 entries, he'll go straight through to the final draw. Really, the chances of winning this snare are very high indeed.

So, if you're under 16, get your mobile phone out, & snap a 1 minute video. That's all it takes to win this drum!

Sunday June 1st is the deadline. That means there is only 12 short days left. I gotta get my hind end in gear.

My acoustic kit live s in a cage in Central London. It comes out for rehearsals and gigs. Setting it up for this completion isn't straight forward.

Notwithstanding that the snare is something I hit on 2 and 4. I really don't know/understand/get the snare adulation and the idea of a solo on a snare makes me die inside. My imagination levels really are quite contained. I am better with with ideas around the kit, but even then I'm a bit pedestrian.

OK I've overstated it a bit, I am appreciated for my timing and solid groove. I rarely get asked to be creative!

Davo

Back