"Drum Wisdom" by Bob Moses

Note Stan, I was quoting Bob himself when I said he often called it 'complete crap'. Note later where I said I think it's 'very good and I love it' (3rd line from the bottom of my post) because it is and I do.

As for the concepts, depth and how to use it, I'm just relaying how it was taught to me over many many very long private lessons.

G

I did say that I understood where you were coming from G on it and Bob can certainly change his mind in a split second on anything this book being no exception to the rule understood.

Last time I saw him when he stayed at my house he just talked about some new concepts and ideas related to harmonic coordination he was working on and no mention of the book came up during that time.

We each take or make what we want from either this book or the personal passed on wisdom from the man himself to the music. Glad to hear G your time with him was also well spent.

i just got my copy also, very interesting book. i'm reading through it right now. i may have a few questions later so people familiar with bob and his teachings i may need some advice. CD

That's great- everyone should have this book. Is it a legal, Moses-authorized download? If not, downloaders should probably try to contact him for his paypal address and send him a few bucks for it.

Well, I don't know if it's legal but your point is really valid. I found the book few days ago in a small and very old music scores shop in my end of the universe, it must have been sleeping on the shelf for least 20 years or so and, a curiosity, it's translated to French!

I would not have posted the link if the book was not hopelessly out of print.

TQM

This book is out of print????

Lost mine 25 years ago. I should be arrested.

For years in Australia I spoke to people about Bob Moses and nobody in this country listened. Eventually I gave up.

The same thing happened with Joey Baron.

Freaking convicts!!!! We deserve to lose the Ashes!

I just downloaded a PDF version of this book since it is long out of print and I cannot find a copy anywhere .... and I am quite impressed with the information inside

a publishing company should rerelease this book for the new generation of drummer to absorb

a true masterpiece

Most of my perspective regarding the drums comes from a place that "Drum Wisdom" by Bob Moses interjected into me. That book got me thinking of all the other processes that drumming requires, like the thoughts behind it rather than the notes.

I found several PDFs freely distributed on the internet. Does anyone know of a way to obtain it that will benefit the author?

Back