Sony's UK HQ/Factory burned to the ground.

Mini rant;

"Disaffected youth" is the term used by the softie PC brigade. Yeah right! I was dragged up out of an orphanage on the dock road of Liverpool, & I didn't go round shitting in my own nest! When will these spoilt little scroungers learn that, even if you're a homeless guy in the UK, you're still in the top 10% of the most wealthy citizens on this planet.

I often hear "well, they're bored" as an excuse for their lack of self control. They're bored, because they're not starving! If they were constantly hungry (i.e. like half the planet), they wouldn't have time to be bored, they'd be consumed with the task of keeping themselves alive. These idiots need a dose of world reality, not "reality TV"!!!

Sorry, end of mini rant.

Word. They're protesting the lack of jobs, so they burn down a factory where people work. Duh.

Dawsons in Manchester got destroyed and looted. Not burned. But there's smashed piano's and guitars everywhere apparently. Turns my stomach to be honest because that was the first shop I visited in Manchester.

Not sure about "destroyed". Smashed up a bit and some stock taken, yes but not destroyed.

index.php

Looks bad, but they were open within 2 hours of this!

Word. They're protesting the lack of jobs, so they burn down a factory where people work. Duh.

No. These people take money from the Governments Unemployed programme where they get £200 a week for sitting around doing nothing! What do they spend it on? Simple answer. Drink and drugs.
Where I live in Scotland about 60-70% of the population consumed are these people.
They take our taxes and they're now trying to say they also pay taxes which is why they are looting! People work hard and these people sit in they're house injecting and gazing into space then go out and try and fight.
I've encountered this at a train station once. Waiting on a train myself and someone presumably on heroin (that's all he talked about) approaches me trying to fight me until he gave up and went in the corner and then started trying to talk to me about how he's being chased by the police and I was really scared and how he hates everything and he's been "unemployed since he left school". I think the guys now in jail and I don't feel sorry for these wastes of space. Unemployment is an issue yes. But there are plenty of jobs for them and if they actually tried to get a job our country wouldn't need to pay as much tax for these wastes of space to drug up all day and use it as an excuse to do nothing.

The economy would also be much better if they actually worked and a good percentage of people in the UK are unemployed.

Not sure about "destroyed". Smashed up a bit and some stock taken, yes but not destroyed.

index.php

Looks bad, but they were open within 2 hours of this!

Can't see the picture sadly. Atleast everyone's alright and it's a shame really (even though the staff are joking about it on they're Facebook page).

No. These people take money from the Governments Unemployed programme where they get £200 a week for sitting around doing nothing! What do they spend it on? Simple answer. Drink and drugs.
Where I live in Scotland about 60-70% of the population consumed are these people.
They take our taxes and they're now trying to say they also pay taxes which is why they are looting! People work hard and these people sit in they're house injecting and gazing into space then go out and try and fight.
I've encountered this at a train station once. Waiting on a train myself and someone presumably on heroin (that's all he talked about) approaches me trying to fight me until he gave up and went in the corner and then started trying to talk to me about how he's being chased by the police and I was really scared and how he hates everything and he's been "unemployed since he left school". I think the guys now in jail and I don't feel sorry for these wastes of space. Unemployment is an issue yes. But there are plenty of jobs for them and if they actually tried to get a job our country wouldn't need to pay as much tax for these wastes of space to drug up all day and use it as an excuse to do nothing.

The economy would also be much better if they actually worked and a good percentage of people in the UK are unemployed.

I hear you. In some American states, like California, there are more people who depend on government money, than pay taxes and support things. When the people who are idle outnumber those who are productive, a society is doomed.

Can't see the picture sadly. Atleast everyone's alright and it's a shame really (even though the staff are joking about it on they're Facebook page).

sorry yeah it's a private forum so it probably won't be visible. But yeah it was pretty bad, they had a few expensive items nicked, a lot of what was taken has been recovered but is ruined. Fortunately it ought to be easier to claim off the insurance now they have them back though i would have thought.

When the people who are idle outnumber those who are productive, a society is doomed.

That was exactly the aim of technology. Remember the promises? Hey, it's okay that people are losing their jobs now because technology will usher in a glorious new age of leisure - to the point where the challenge will be in people knowing how to handle all that leisure time!

One person will be able to do the work of many - and that bit came true. Productivity is through the roof as compared with the old, manual days. Funny thing, with all that extra productivity we ended up working harder and longer and that increased productivity didn't turn into leisure but big, fat juicy profits for our corporate masters and outrageously paid executives ... all largely protected by tax loopholes..

The parasites at the top and the bottom both feed on middle class tax (and sweat and stress). Then when tensions blow up the middle class mugs the ones most affected.

The parasites at the top and the bottom both feed on middle class tax (and sweat and stress).

Very true. A common response by rightists in the US is to embrace counterculturalism and espouse right-wing anarchy - basically, no one should pay any taxes because it's a form of institutionalized theft, and therefore there should be no government to oppress anyone. That's what the Tea Party is about.

OK, then go live in Somalia! No taxes there, all the freedom you want.

People have tried to start riots up here in Scotland in Aberdeen and Glasgow and as soon as a post was made on Facebook police would track the IP and arrest people as young as 15. So the police up here are actually being ok for once (just ok... They're worthless up here).

Is it slightly worrying that the police are given the power to track IP addresses?

If many of them were employed many of them would probably not be rioting.

Very true. A common response by rightists in the US is to embrace counterculturalism and espouse right-wing anarchy - basically, no one should pay any taxes because it's a form of institutionalized theft, and therefore there should be no government to oppress anyone. That's what the Tea Party is about.

These riots are partly signs of an economic crisis. In countries that doing economically well, riots hardly happen - like here in Australia.

Whoa. Even if you go to Somalia you will find yourself under the jurisdiction of warlords who demand obedience.

The parasites at the top and the bottom both feed on middle class tax (and sweat and stress). Then when tensions blow up the middle class mugs the ones most affected.

Nice commentary, but let me remind you that while there are parasites at the bottom there are plenty of working-class people who work their butts off.

Not everyone who is poor because it is there own fault as some people will insist on saying.

Rioters are there for a variety of reasons, some want to steal stuff, some want to see some destruction, some want to get at the police and some are just plain angry at a police shooting.

...but if you ask me this chaos is now getting very far removed from the shooting that sparked it...

Seriously, those rioters are not achieving much good by destroying homes and businesses.

If many of them were employed many of them would probably not be rioting.

True, unfortunately they don't WANT to be employed a lot of them. Or if they do, they're not putting in enough effort to become employed. Having said that, it is surprising the bakgrounds some of these people came from. The first man convicted at court over the rioting (they've fast tracked the courts system for the riots) was a 31 year old teacher.

Nice commentary, but let me remind you that while there are parasites at the bottom there are plenty of working-class people who work their butts off.

Not everyone who is poor because it is there own fault as some people will insist on saying.

+1. That's what makes me more angry about the riots is the fact that these spoilt little chavs complain about being on a council estate when there are plenty of people in the same boat who have made something respectable out of themselves.

Back