Can't fit tom mics on Gretsch Renown Maple toms? Help!

The attached Shure clamp screws nicely unto the Gretsch suspension.

Yes, I've been looking at those Shure A56D too, they are also fine.
But I thought EUR 53 (or USD 69) was just too much money for a mic clip.

That K&M 24030 goes for EUR 12,70 (or USD 16,50).

Mic holders drum mic mounting systems.
http://www.bigbangdist.com/mic_holders.htm

mic-holders-drums.jpg

Im using a couple of the ones shown attached to the hoop by the tension screw. That piece stays attached to the drum and I leave the other piece attached to the mic. Makes for a very quick and solid attachment. They have a built in rubber isolation mount and are priced quite good as well as i paid $15 each for them.

Last edited:
Mic holders drum mic mounting systems.]

Looks functional but maybe a bit more hardware than needed?

As everybody likes pictures, the first picture is one of my gig tom mics - an EV PL35 - with the inconvenient clip.
The next is the K&M clip. It also solves the cable-mounting problem because of the angled back of the EV mics.
Simple but functional.

Attachments

• 20120418-IMG_5576.jpg
    20120418-IMG_5576.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 3,277
  • 20120418-IMG_5578.jpg
    20120418-IMG_5578.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 5,141
Great pics Eric !

now those K & M seems to be what i was looking for.
Those others attached to the hoop seem to be great too but i think they would look better for percussion

Great pics Eric !

now those K & M seems to be what i was looking for.
Those others attached to the hoop seem to be great too but i think they would look better for percussion

If your toms are attached to a rack or stand that has cymbals also attached you can get the vibration of the cymbal bleed into the mic causing a low frequency rumble because being attached to the isolation mount or anything further back is not isolated unless the mic mounts have built in isolation. If your attached to the hoop you gain the advantage if the isolation the tom mount provides which is why a lot of mic mounting devices are made to attach to the hoop but can still be a problem if your toms have shell mounts and not some type of isolation mount. Just be sure your mic is getting some form of isolation from everything be it thru the tom mount or already built into the design of the mic mounting system.

Where would find the K&M clips? I too have a Renown Maple and would love a solution....Those look exactly like what I need.

Looks functional but maybe a bit more hardware than needed?

As everybody likes pictures, the first picture is one of my gig tom mics - an EV PL35 - with the inconvenient clip.
The next is the K&M clip. It also solves the cable-mounting problem because of the angled back of the EV mics.
Simple but functional.

Back