double time "Hip hop" groove

moe.ron

Silver Member
hey guys i'm sure this has been covered but i searched a few different times with no luck.
anyway i feel my drumming has progressed in several areas...be it polyrhythms odd time signatures or just overall control. the only thing i really don't have a grasp on is just how to do these double time funky grooves a lot of drummers use. for example...the end of you got me by the roots ?uestlove does exactly what i am talking about...can someone give me some advice or point me in the direction of the thread?

Hey man ,
Questlove (he is one of my favs) is playin` a drum`n bass groove at the end of you got me .. not a double time hiphop groove.
So you can check out Jojo for good drum`n bass stuff if you want..

Take care , hope it helps :)

thanks i sat here for like 10 mins trying to come up with drum n bass but i had quite the brain fart. i'll definitely check into jojo

do you listen to drum n bass music? if not, do it! search for radio streams or get some records at your local recordstore, listen closly to HOW those grooves are played (volumes of the several instruments etc.), transcribe some grooves, try to imitate them on your set.

Back