Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

real name- Ryan
age-16
how long been playing- 8 years
origin of user name- I love my PDP's =D
top 5 drummers- Mike Portnoy, Adrian Erlandsson, Jason Bittner, Steve Gadd, Terry Bozzio
make of drumkit- Pacific
make of cymbal-zildjian
where do you practice- School, basement, and by tapping on any/every surface nonstop
are you in a band- Yep
covers or originals-originals
what style of music- Prog Metal
favourite take out food- Chinese
country- USA
one really odd fact about yourself- I want to learn to play guitar.. *gasp!* But I would NEVER drop drums! =P
how did you start drumming- Grew up with a long family history of drumming. My dad got me into it at a very young age by buying me a snare drum for the concert band program at school. Although before that he was teaching me all kinds of rudiments and what not that I would just tap out on the table with my hands. Then finally, maybe 5-6 years ago, I actually got my first drum kit. It was a 1963 vintage Slingerland kit. I love that drum kit! We got it from my grandma's cousin. He was a Pro drummer many many moons ago. He also gave us a whole trunk full of percussion equipment, all of his cymbals (which my drum teacher and several vintage collectors around here claim to be Zildjian A cymbals from the early 70s, maybe late 60s. I still use a couple of those, and they sound awesome with my other A Customs. My cousin even gave me his old Speed King pedal! That thing flies! So yeah, I stopped using that kit this past winter and bought my PDP LX series kit in a Cherry-Black fade. Beautiful. And thats how it all started for me. =D

real name- Chase
age- 14
how long been playing- 5 1/3 yrs
origin of user name- I'm a very talented and good drummer, and play many types of music
top5 drummers- Dennis Chambers, Virgil Donati, Jason Bittner, Lars Ulrich, and Buddy Rich.

make of drumkit- Ludwig
make of cymbals- Zildjian
where do you practice- room, on pillows, on every surface, and school.
are you in a band- no
covers or originals- mostly originals
what style of music- any- mostly rock or metal though
favorite take out food- chinese
country-USA
one really odd fact about yourself- I want to become a pro baseball player or a pro martial artist or boxer besides a famous drummer

how did you get started- My dad'd side of the family has a whole line of musicians, famous ones. I played drums when i was really little , but had my first kit and wasn't used to play , but like bang on them. Then, i lost interest in them. I started playing guitar for a few yrs. Then, when i was nine i got into music very seriously and liked the way the drums sounded. They kept the band alive. So i started playing the drums. I was a slow starter. Not liking any metal at the time, or having any influences I really didn't kickoff until 6 th grade where i joined the school band. I saved 2 of our concerts when our best drummer didn't show up. Then, in 7th grade i got tons better. I played in my dad'd band a few times, playing Metallica at home with my junk kit. Then, when i entered 8th grade when i was 13 goin on 14, I really became good. I was our school's best band drummer. My dad's band's drummer gave me some videos of drummers. I got hooked on dennis chambers. I learned how to do triplets, and one footed rolls, even though he doesn't do it as fast as i can. I learned how to play awesome grooves and solos, and fast hands and feet. I haven't found a better drummer to learn off of yet, by far. A few months ago like in may i got Giant drum sticks that are bigger than baseball bats, and have gotten a lot faster and a lot stronger, and my one- footed rolls which i play on my right side of my foot on my right foot, on my toe came with training for boxing, and other sports. That's how i got started.

real name- Zach Aharon
age- 19
how long been playing- 1 1/2 - 2 yrs
origin of user name- Saved by the bell? :]
top5 drummers- Danis Chambers, Mike Portnoy, Chris Adler, Nick Mason, Buddy Rich
make of drumkit- TAMA
make of cymbals- Zildjian / Sabian hats
where do you practice- Garage
are you in a band- Yup.
covers or originals- All originals, not covers anymore.
what style of music- hard rock, old style core.
favorite take out food- Chinese
country-USA
one really odd fact about yourself- Before I started druming I could bench 150lbs, Now, I bench 210lbs :]

how did you get started- My whole life I was into music, purcusion mostly. I've made electronic music for 4 years, and loved it. My friends and I wanted to start a band, and i never thought I could play drums untill I got my self stuck in a situation.

So, me and 2 of my friends went to a Taking Back Sunday concert, In philadelphia. When we walked out one of my friends told these 2 girls that we're a band, and all the great stuff, all LIES!! - The girls hung out with us for like 2 hours, then came the question, "So, Zach...What do you play in the band?" I got all fast thinker, and replied "Drums, duh!!" Well..week after the girls wanted to see our "Band" play..And brought friends with them. We all threw money together and bought a peice of snap Remo: ENFORCER drumset, 2 amps the guitarist had an extra bass guitar we put it all in my garage and pretented to be a band, I played basically cause I had a set....From that day on there was a band, called "Loretto Avenue" its been about 2 years now..we're actually decent :] ...pretty sad story, eh?

Real name? Alan

Age? 53

How long been playing? 40 years

Origin of user name? Movie star from the 1940's [my mom liked Alan Ladd]

Top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Casey Scheuerell, Billy Cobham, Terry Bozzio, Mel Lewis

make of drum kit?) Pearl & Slingerland

make of cymbal? Zildjan

where do you practice? In the garage

are you in a band/s? I rotate with other drummers in a church setting

covers or originals? Originals when outside church

What style of music? Jazz, R&B, Fusion

Favorite take out food? Mexican

Country? USA, Northern California

One really odd fact about yourself? I think they are all odd hehehe

How did you start drumming? Saw Ringo on Ed Sullivan in ‘64, then heard “Big Swing Face” with Buddy Rich in ’67. Studied with Casey Scheurell {Gino Vannelli, Jean-Luc Ponty] in the late ‘80’s and have kept going since then.

Real Name? Steve
Age?45
How long playing?33 yrs.
Originof user name? I'm bald
Top 5? Palmer, Peart, Abts, Bonham, Portnoy
Equipment? DW, Zildjian, Sabian
Practice space? Home office
In a band? Trying
Covers or Originals? Covers
Styles? Rock, blues, alternative
Favorite take out? Whataburger
Country? Texas,USA
Odd fact?My kids think I'm nuts, they may be right.
How did you start drumming? Listening to my brothers Cream albums.

Real name? Sander

Age? 17

How long been playing? 4 years

Origin of user name? drumbeest is Dutch and it means drumming beast

Top 5 drummers? I have no clue, here are some of my faves: Pete Sandoval, Jan Axel von Blomberg a.k.a. Hellhammer, Nicholas Barker, Mike Portnoy, Joey Jordison, Vinnie Paul, Dave Lombardo, Buddy Rich, and those guys with that massive drum trio, Steve Gadd, Dave Weckl and Vinnie Coilailuta or something

make of drum kit? Pearl

make of cymbal? Paiste and I have a Zildjian cymbal with those cool thingies that go like pliiiiiing... its called 'Armand baby ride'

where do you practice? In my room

are you in a bands? I was

covers or originals? covers

What style of music? black/death metal

Favorite take out food? PIZZA!!!

Country? The Netherlands

One really odd fact about yourself? I'm obsessed with my cat! =P

How did you start drumming? A classmate of mine was a drummer and did some drumming in music class, I went over to his house once or twice and did some drumming myself over there. After that I got drum lessonsand after 1 and a half year I got my own drum kit! I've been drumming since then!

real name? Steve
age? 29
how long been playing? started at 18, quit at 26, getting back into it
origin of user name? short for last name Rodemoyer
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Carter Beauford, Scott Rockenfeld, Phil Rudd
make of drumkit? (soon) Pearl XLR
make of cymbal? (soon) Sabian XS (till i can afford aa/aax)
where do you practice? guitarists g/f's house
are you in a band/s? starting one
covers or originals? 100% originals
what style of music? funky prog-acoustic rock
favourite take out food? pizza or chinese (sesame chicken:))
country? US (savannah GA)
one really odd fact about yourself? i'm into a bit of conspiracy theory
how did you start drumming? i grew up beating on everything around the house, but folks wouldn't let me have a kit. at 18, i sold a guitar amp to my boss, bought a drumkit, and started learning. first tune was feel like makin' love by bad co.

real name? Isaac
how long been playing? 2 yrs
origin of user name? name
top 5 drummers? ....erm ginger baker has got to be top, not sure about the other 4 places
make of drumkit? as of next week Gretsch
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? my bedroom
are you in a band/s? yes, next gig september 11th
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? Indie / Alternate
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? UK
one really odd fact about yourself? ummm
how did you start drumming? My mate needed a drummer so i had a go

My drumhomepage

real name?
Nick
age?
Currently 16
how long been playing?
Started when i was about 10-11
origin of user name?
basketball(a streetballer, i just chose it and stuck with it ever since)
top 5 drummers?
gadd, chaffee, airto, elvin, dejohnette
make of drumkit?
sonor designer bubinga's
make of cymbal?
ufip designer
where do you practice?
used to be in my basement of my old house, now i currently have a special loft over the garage of my new house so i can practce any time of day, even 1 o clock in the morning without disturbing anyone
are you in a band/s?
play with my dad and brother who play guitar, otherwise im currently being taught
what style of music?
im into everything, i like to play jazz and latin mainly but rock is always fun to play.
favourite take out food?
i guess pizza
country?
united states
how did you start drumming?
first started on lessons on guitar with my dad but wanted to be able to play with him so thats when i showed a real interest in drums

my drum homepage

I can't believe I didn't check this out earlier!

real name? Colin
age? 16
how long been playing? 3 years
origin of user name? Guess.
top 5 drummers? I can't name any specific top five, they're all great, but some are: John Bonham, Ginger Baker, Louie Bellson, Buddy Rich, Joey Jordison, Dave Lombardo, Mike Portnoy, Danny Carey, Bobby Jarzombek, Thelonius Monk, and Tomas Haake
make of drumkit? Yamaha Rydeen, though I'm going to (probably) buy an awesome Taye RockPro in the next few months
make of cymbal? Mix of Paiste, Sabian, Zildjian and Alchemy. The specs are on my old drum set pic thread
where do you practice? In my sound-proof room downstairs
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Originals, though we might do a lesser known cover
what style of music? Metal, but we'll branch out into other versions
favourite take out food? Chinese!
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I like Joey Jordison, but I'm still a good drummer OMG how can that be??!!!
how did you start drumming? When I saw my step-dad's Recording Customs being assembled one day, and then watched NIN on TV, saw their awesome drummer, and knew it was for me.

real name? Nick ……….Also go by "Oliver Clothesoffe"! (No s***!)
age? 44.

how long been playing? 27 years.

origin of user name? I was in a band called Nick Danger back before wife and family. There were actually 3 Nicks in that band. Played with then for 5 Years, 4 nights a week. And is where I cut my semi professional teeth so to speak.

top 5 drummers?

Neil Peart
Carl Palmer
Tommy Aldridge
John Blackwell
Dave Abbruzzese……….. “The list is long” hard to keep it to “5”.

make of drumkit? Which one? Remo, Premier, TAMA. I want a DW but the ball and chain has other plans...Lottery is my best bet for those.

make of cymbal? Prefer Zildjians But I have broken Sabian and Paiste as well.

where do you practice? Basement studio.

are you in a band/s? www.schedule4.com currently. “Another very long list”

covers or originals? Covers... I wanna get paid ya know?!

what style of music? Hard Rock, Classic Industrial, Metal, Blues.

favorite take out food? Cold case Heinekin.

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself? I like playing Guitar….

how did you start drumming? As a kid there was a garage band (no name) up the street. We had just moved in to the neighborhood from West Philly. There was a band playing and they just blew me away. Especially the drummer. I just couldn’t take my eyes off of what he was doing. And I knew after seeing them that’s what I wanted to do for a living. Didn’t quite work out that way however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sup everybody?

My name is Jae.
Age 31
Been playing for 20 years.
I own and old ass, beat up 5 piece Remo kit that's been through hell and back and still sounds great and still kicks ass!

I also play a K custom dry 18" ride, 14" Sabian sizzle hats, 16" Sabian AA medium crash, 18" K custom China.

Top 5 favorite drummers:
Steve Gadd, Matt Chamberlain, Kenny Aronoff, Steve Smith, Vinnie C.

I've played in Original rock bands, Jazz combos, and a Cajun Zydeco, swing, funk band.

I've been fortunate to study with some great teachers such as Frank Sandoval (DJO) Atma Anur (Independent) and Matt Chamberlain (Independent).

Favorite music right now: Drum n Bass

Hello everyone!

Name: Matt
How long have you been drumming: about a year and a half
Origin of username: My uncles called me ruckus when I was younger...I was always banging on stuff making a ruckus!! I added the king part!
Top 5 drummers: Buddy Rich, Lars Ulrich, Travis Barker, Dennis Chambers, Ian Paice, I could go on and on!!
Make of kit: Not sure about my acoustics(see my Here are my kits - Take 2 thread) But they are old and they ROCK! I also have a Roland TD-6V tour kit we record with! The Rolands are awesome and totally adjustable, but they are not quite the same as the real deal.
Make of Cymbals: I Have Paiste 802's 20"ride,16" heavy crash, 14' hats. Then I also have a 18"old Ziljian crash/ride, a 12" Wuhan china, and a 10" Wuhan splash.
Where do you practice: My garage, my living room, and our guitarist has the studio in his basement!
In a band: Yes, The Bungalow Junkies
Style of music: Rock/Garage/alternative/and occasional blues-funk
Covers or originals: Mostly originals, some covers
Favorite take out: Pizza, from Guiseppi's in Caseville
How did you start playing: It was a life long dream of mine my parents would never let me realize!! The rest just fell into place!!
One odd fact about myself: I have an uncontrolable foot fetish!

real name? You really need it?
age? 17
how long been playing? 3 years
origin of user name? A toon called bouba le petit ourson (Bouba the pooh)
top 5 drummers? Impossible there is more drummer importants to my eyes
make of drumkit? Tama stagestar
make of cymbal? Zildian Zxt
where do you practice? In my bedroom with some pads and in my school on my kit
are you in a band/s? I jam with a friend somme blues/fnuk fills and I have a metal band
covers or originals? Don't understand the question sorry :/
what style of music? Funk, rock, metal, jazz (a little) all the thing makes me move my back.
favourite take out food? Italian
country? France
one really odd fact about yourself? Don't understand question too :/ (my english is really bad)
how did you start drumming? I was an offspring fan when I was 14 and a friend of mine was a fan of the offspring and red hot, one time I see him playing drums, I try it, for the first time i see a drum...now I play drum.

how long been playing: 30 years
origin of user name: italian for drum
top 5 drummers: d.weckl, el negro ernandez, manu katche, maria martinez, jan paice
make of drumkits: rogers hollywood 1968 circa, dw collectors, sonor force 3000
make of cymbals: zidjlian, paiste, ufip, sabian, tosco
bands: i currently play with: pegaso (70 progressive rock), good old boys (rock,soul,latin)
dirty waters (blues)
all covers.
how did i start drumming: my father and my brother are drummers too. (family tradition)

how long been playing: 5 years
origin of user name: nickname
top 5 drummers: Brann Dailor, Stewart Copeland, Travis Barker, Dave Grohl, Kenny Aronoff
make of drumkit: Sonorlite
make of cymbal: Zildjian
where do you practice: Studio in London
are you in a band/s: yes, 3
covers or originals: originals
what style of music: punk/indie/rock, metal, and old-school rock!
favourite take out food: Indian
one really odd fact about yourself: Really odd?! Um... theres too many ;o)
how did you start drumming: Um.. I think because my dad was a drummer

Band site: http://www.myspace.com/wifewifewife

real name? Teddy Parker
age? Bout to turn 15
how long been playing? ummm... since 6th grade lemme count... over 3 years
origin of user name? nickname
top 5 drummers? Joey Jordison, Travis Barker, Buddy Rich... i cant think of anymore
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? In my room, all soundproofed
are you in a band/s? HS marching band, lead snare. I'm settin things up with some punk/ska guys...
covers or originals? Both... workin on it... so far covers though...
what style of music? A lot, punk (lil ska) metal, trying for jazz, experimental
favourite take out food? Probably J in the B
country? ... nah, I like some slower flogging molly... thats as close as it gets
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm weird... reeaally weird
how did you start drumming? band in school, didnt wanna play flute or anything duh! it evolved into my LIFE!!!

Real name? Pete Limb
Age ? 41
How long playing ? About 30 years
Origin of user name ? It's what the guys in the band call me.
Top 5 drummers ? In no order, Buddy Rich, Bonham, Cobham, Ian paice and Neal Peart
Drumkits, Yamaha maple custom absolute, Big old 70's chrome Ludwig& Roland TD5
Cymbals, Zildjian and Paiste
Practice place? Not often enough allways gigging.
In a band ? Yes a classic rock band and various depping jobs.
Covers or origionals? Both.
Music style? Mainly rock but into everything.
Favourite food? Traditional English Sunday roast.
Country? England.
Odd Fact. I never fancied Lady Diana
How did i start? I joined a juvinile jazz marching band to get close to the majorette.

real name? Ronen Bashkin
age? 40
how long been playing? 30 yrs
origin of user name? Last name
top 5 drummers? Almost Every body on this site
make of drumkit? Sonor designer and Greach from the 50 A la Stanton Moore
make of cymbal? Zildjian K most of them, some paiste( 2002 ride and 602 hh)
where do you practice? At home
are you in a band/s? I play few gigs around town
covers or originals?
what style of music?Jazz standards, funk & Blues
favourite take out food? My Cooking
country? Israel
one really odd fact about yourself? Married with 4 years old doughter name Shachar
how did you start drumming? Like most of us I got the bug at a very young age and stil stuck with it, The question is how do I stop ?
Thats a real picture of me up there

real name? Joel
age? 26
how long been playing? 16yrs on and mostly off
origin of user name? Latin for wuz up
top 5 drummers? Jojo M. Pert, Budy R., Steve G. and Me.
make of drumkit? Sonor
make of cymbal? Dont have cymbal at this time
where do you practice? My Drum Room
are you in a band/s? Nop
covers or originals? N\A
what style of music? Rock, Latin, Funk and now Jazz.
favourite take out food? KFC
country? USA (Oregon, Medford)
one really odd fact about yourself? Im not normal
how did you start drumming? My pops had a band, I started playing keyboards for him then jumped into drums and started a rock band then he kicked me out of his band. I love my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back