Terry Bozzio

Terry Bozzio and Neil Peart are probably the best drummers walking on this earth (imo).
You know you're good when your drumming is just as powerful as a Symphony Orchestra.
His drum kit is just as big as a Symphony Orchestra also.

does anyone think that Bozzio wouldn't be as good or impressive without such a big kit

of course bozzio could play on a small set...even on just a snare drum. zappa was the miles davis of rock...and just like davis he had a gift for picking up and coming drummers that ended up being hall-of-fame drummers. terry is a great solo composer for drums. as far as his skill with a pop band,check out missing person's "u.s. drag" done live on youtube.just great.

but still the thing that most people remember about him is his kit size way more than his playing. But that is a good comparison between Miles and Zappa.

You dont need a big kit to sound good look at John Bonham he only uses 5 drums he sound way better than terry bozzio. terry bozzio is so overrated.

In Bozzio's case I would completely disagree...what he is doing is playing meoldies, harmonies and musical structures just as any 'melodic instrument musician' would...it is not there to just play roundhouse fills like Alex Van Halen or something...Bozzio's playing is something altogether different. If you don't like his stuff that is one thing ....but I think lumping him in somehow with guys who show off with large kits just for the sake of it...is just a bit unfair if you are not familiar with his playing and soloing concepts...just my .02 cents

You dont need a big kit to sound good look at John Bonham he only uses 5 drums he sound way better than terry bozzio. terry bozzio is so overrated.

Overrated? I've never been a big fan of Bozzio, but decided to go see him when he came to Richmond for a clinic. I sat just a few feet away from his kit and now I understand all the hype, ......he's good! REAL good! The man is a machine.

Overrated? I've never been a big fan of Bozzio, but decided to go see him when he came to Richmond for a clinic. I sat just a few feet away from his kit and now I understand all the hype, ......he's good! REAL good! The man is a machine.

If anything I find it funny to see someone referrence Bonham...then say how "overrated" Bozzio is... I mean I love Bonham...but he could easily fall into the overrated category...easily as could the entire band Led Zeppelin...so I would be careful tossing around words like overrated ( not you) .....

Terry Bozzio drum pic

I took this pic of terrys kit at a clinic in radlett uk. wondered what u chaps and chappetts thought about it. i couldnt get over it. jesus

Attachments

• terrybozzio4zl0.jpg
    terrybozzio4zl0.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 3,660
  • terrybozzio1nl5.jpg
    terrybozzio1nl5.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 3,547
Re: Terry Bozzio drum pic

Intense. I see a few spots where he could add a few more durms heh.

I took this pic of terrys kit at a clinic in radlett uk. wondered what u chaps and chappetts thought about it. i couldnt get over it. jesus

He played this kit like you would a steel drum you can see the notes scribbled on the heads

What are the two little cymbals to the right and left of his snare? Are they splashes?

WOW! That must be some sort of world record for biggest waste of money. I guess if you got it you might as well use it thought heh?

If you watch Bozzio playing it, I suggest that you wouldn't consider it either 'overkill' or a 'waste of money'. Whilst his playing is not something that I can completely appreciate, I can understand that he's really trying to do something unique, and if the tools of his expression require a kit of that magnitude, then he should feel free to use it. I have no doubts that DW have gained a lot of exposure from his esoteric set up and it's probably more than paid back in revenue gained; making it economically viable for the companies involved.

He's missing one of these:

Attachments

• Transolid_kitchen_sink_TS33223.jpg
    Transolid_kitchen_sink_TS33223.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 2,725
Back