Thrash/Heavy Metal Band names?

LeeLovesSabian

Silver Member
I know, its really lame to ask this, but I can't think of any.

Does anyone have any suggestions for band names?
Me and my friends can't come up with one, and its been almost a year.

We play Trash Metal, and Heavy Metal.
(like Metallica, Disturbed, Black Sabbath, Pantera, etc.)

So please, no stupid names.

P.S. I find it weird that the hardest thing about being in a band, is thinking of a name. lol

We've been working on a name for 3 years. We have a name... but it's not the best, but people know us by it.

Think band names are hard? Wait until album & song names with lyrics (or atleast it is for us)

Anyway, think it up with your band. Asking on a public forum could also mean more people could steal it.

I thought up some cool names for my metal band but got out-voted during the infamous "band name band meeting".

Anyway feel free to use:

Fire for Effect
Sarcosuchus
Immortal Coil
HellRazor
Elvis Impersonating Ape Alien Vampire Fishmen from Zork

Public Opinion.

I actually really like that one, me and a couple friends decided that would be our name.

Genghis Khan.
Attila.
Saints In Hell.
Frantic.
Saints & Sinners.
Anguish & Pain.
Fury to death......

Elvis Impersonating Ape Alien Vampire Fishmen from Zork

o_O wtf!? lol

a few off the top of my head:

blood coil
crimson rain
ruphycolada
EPH (Entertaining Public Humiliation)

meh, i would actually say naming songs and albums are significantly easier because you can use just about anything and it's either going to be looked at as original, funny, or mind-numbing.

Anything dark and epic. It really doesn't (seem to) matter which words you combine.

I don't know anything about heavy metal but I've always felt like it's cool to borrow song lyrics/album titles/something obscure from a band that you guys like. Maybe if there's a song with lyrics that really appeal to you guys you could condense the lyrics into a song name?
Really obscure references are a lot of fun too. They usually sound cool and when someone else (this rarely happens) recognizes it, they'll go crazy. Take for example Steely Dan, one of my favorite bands because of the crazy references they use: the band is actually named after a fictional Japanese er... sexual device from Naked Lunch. I never would have gotten that reference, but when I found out, I thought it was hilarious that the same music that has graced so many barbecues, weddings, and high school reunions is named after something like that. Of course the lyrics magnify this humor even more but... Sorry for the tangent, just throwing in my two cents. Good luck!

Sulfer Rose
Slag Hammer
Flatliner
End of Daze

Hate Synchronicity, Sonic Rape, Loud Noises, uhhhh... Beyond Anger.... the list goes on.... get creative man, thinking up this stuff is fun!!

No band names are ever good. I listen to bands called Daggermouth and Tigers Jaw, the first time I heard those names, I thought that they were stupid, now I don't even think about the band names I'm saying. But if you really want a suggestion, mine would be Banana Mantis.

Back