Shine copper snare drum

Drummer Calvin

I have never played on Shine copper snare. How is it if any of you have exprience with it? I am supposed to buy one tomorrow for $100, is it a good deal?
set

If you buy it and don't like it, I'll give you what you payed for it.

I don't know anything about that particular drum but I LOVE copper snares.

Just brought it home. The guy I bought it from is being endorsed by Pearl he cannot use it any more. It need few mantenance works done to restore its shinning glory. But for $100 I think it's a great deal

Man I really like the look of that copper just the way it is. I say leave it. But...is it just me or does that cast hoop look a little...curvey. DrummerCalvin, if your hoop is warped PM me. Everyone I talked to said you can't repair cast hoops when they are warped but I've done it and it came out perfect.

Man I really like the look of that copper just the way it is. I say leave it. But...is it just me or does that cast hoop look a little...curvey. DrummerCalvin, if your hoop is warped PM me. Everyone I talked to said you can't repair cast hoops when they are warped but I've done it and it came out perfect.

Hahaha you made me go back and look at the pic again. It's in my van right now, so I'm not sure, but in the pic it seemed warped. But I 'll have to take it off to be sure. Any way I took the pic while it lay in the back of my van tilted in forward angle, does it make it look warped? I suspect it may have been dropped before if that's is the case. Thanks for your sharped eye observation

Lugs could be overtensioning,I like the patina that is starting,the price?Even music yo taiwanese slingy Copper snares are going for 150.00.I like the look of the lugs too,I would be all over that like white trash on Velveeta.

Please advice me what to use to clean copper w/o eating it thin. This is my first copper snare!
That looks to be an antique copper finish with a clear lacquer or polyurathane coating,so it won't shine up like a new copper penny.The best thing to use is actually what the pros use,which believe it or not is Dawn dish detergent and or mineral oil(3 in one oil).Just a couple of drops of Dawn in a quart of warm water,mix it up and use a soft cloth or old cotton t shirt that you just dampen with the solution.Wipe and rinse to a damp cloth of water only.Dry and with a soft cloth an then apply carnuba or Turtle automotive wax to protect the finish.Follow directions on the bottle or can and do not use an electric polisher.You can also strip the drum carefully,and put all the parts in a SEALABLE plastic bag and fill a plastic wash basin with warm water and use about 2 ounces of Dawn and let it soak for 24 hours.Rinse,dry and wax.

And that top rim looks kind of bent up.You can straighten it out over the edge of a tabe but......GO SLOW...a little at a time.It may take a while

Lastly if you have any doubts ......call Shine drums.After doing this for nearly 4 decades ,I'm pretty confident in the info I gave you,but if you have any doubts,call the company.

Steve B

Lugs could be overtensioning,I like the patina that is starting,the price?Even music yo taiwanese slingy Copper snares are going for 150.00.I like the look of the lugs too,I would be all over that like white trash on Velveeta.

I have the feeling like most of us here prefer the antiqued look on copper rather than shiny one. I paid $100 for this. I think I just clean it, it needs some TLC and new head/snare. Since I have never played on copper snare before, so what head I should use? I play mix music of all kinds. From ballroom to latin, some techno, rocks, polka (yes that too)... Do you think black head goes well this copper for cosmetic look?

To hell with cosmetics.Coated ambassidor or Emperor batter side,Diplomat,or Ludwig weathermaster thin snare side.I use this on all my metal drums and is sounds great.Sound is ALWAYS more important than looks.

Steve B

To hell with cosmetics.Coated ambassidor or Emperor batter side,Diplomat,or Ludwig weathermaster thin snare side.I use this on all my metal drums and is sounds great.Sound is ALWAYS more important than looks.

Steve B

Thanks for the inputs all of you guys. I 'll try your suggestions. Today I 'll play for a beauty contest show in Long Beach. As usual I have the best seat in the house watching those cuties in swim suits go by, LOL. Pray for me guys that I won't drop stick seeing those nice arses close up

Back