Drummers Birthday

Zickos

Gold Member
I'm just getting around to posting this. In November I turned 65. I don't feel nearly that old. I planned on having a big bash in '06 when I turned 60 but my mother-in-law passed away that week and we just weren't in the mood to celebrate. In '07 it just wasn't convenient. In '08 I came down with cancer and nearly died. I was still recovering (chemo, radiation and more chemo) in '09 and '10. This year I decided that I'm not getting any younger so my wife and I decided to go ahead and do it.

I invited my 17pc Swing Band (bribed them with free food) and some friends. We set up 7 drum kits behind the band. We had 6 drummers playing with the band and even put together an impromptu drum feature, all of us trading fours.

Here are a few pics.

DSCF1177.JPG

DSCF1185.JPG

Ah.... a nice cozy celebration with...A 17 PIECE BAND!

Very cool, congrats on beating the Big C. Can't keep a good man down. Here's to at least 35 more!

We set up 7 drum kits behind the band. We had 6 drummers playing with the band and even put together an impromptu drum feature, all of us trading fours.

Happy Birthday man, I would have loved to see that impromptu drum feature, it must have been one of the highlight of this special day for you and I bet you will remember this one for a long time. ;-))

Last edited:
Happy Birthday. You must be a good man to have enough friends to make up a big band with 7 drummers. I look forward to the photos of your 70th!

That's one hell of a celebration. Happy Birthday Old Timer. lol. I'm 63.

Congratulations Mr. Zickos! It's an honour to have somebody of your age in the brotherhood...I wish you and family health, peace and love.

You are a lucky devil...or maybe more! :)

Happy Birthday. You must be a good man to have enough friends to make up a big band with 7 drummers. I look forward to the photos of your 70th!

I have a lot of drummer friends. A bunch couldn't make it or we would have had twice that many.

Back