Shipping to Canada

Fabo

It seems that whenever I find a really good deal online I end up having to disregard it because of $20+ for shipping. (doesn't seem that much, but a few pairs of sticks were $32 shipping) Just wondering if anyone knows any online stores where they have good deals and shipping to Canada doesn't ruin it.

Thanks.

Yeah, and don't forget the taxes (15% in quebec) and the duty (if they decide to apply it) plus the tax on the duty and the shipping and the taxes on the shipping!
I've found the prices at the local shops (Montreal) about as good as most stuff on line and you can often haggle for a better price. And w/ the dollar at par I buy locally.

Your government is wanting/making you shop locally. I just sent a snare drum (California to Vancouver) and the shipping was over $100. Fed-EX. Hell, within the US, I could ship an entire drum set, for $100.​
It's all about your government, and your customs people and their regs.​

Your government is wanting/making you shop locally. I just sent a snare drum (California to Vancouver) and the shipping was over $100. Fed-EX. Hell, within the US, I could ship an entire drum set, for $100.​
It's all about your government, and your customs people and their regs.​

Said another way, US retailers are not gouging you on the cost of shipping, they are only passing on the increased cost of doing cross-border business with UPS / FedEx / USPS.

Yeah, especially if you live in BC, BC does not want any american goods crossing, especially since weve been so screwed on duty/taxes from stuff going from up here to down there.

When i was in alberta things were up to $40 cheaper just in shipping alone.

In Canada we either need a decent online store, or just to shop locally.

Damn, didn't know the taxes were that serious. Yeah, I think I'll just try the shops then, not too many are willing to bargain at all, but it beats the shipping costs.

My local shop currently does their pricing at 12% over cost and then they split the shipping over the amount of items they receive in a box.

Welcome to the sad reality of one of the few negatives to living in Canada.

Doesn't matter what you buy, or from where (unless it's from Canada of course) you'll end up paying almost as much for the item (depending on what it is) as you will for shipping. On top of that, you're going to have a pay a sales tax upon receiving anything out of the country.

I assure you, unless you get an absolutely insane deal, DO NOT buy online from the States. Check Kijiji/Craigslist and wait it out. That is unless you want to spend about $100 extra in the long run.

Back