Jose Pasillas

One thing to keep in mind about Incubus, I've found I have to take a while to absorb the album before the songs grow on me. A "quick listen" will not suffice. Nevertheless, they are my favorite band and Jose is definitely one of my favorite drummers.

cheers for the link, appreciated.

nebula - sorry i didnt make myself clear, when i said quick listen i meant just that one time so i could check out exactly how many i didn't get on with, i have given it plenty of ipod time. agreed on the fave band though...

Re: Jose Pasillas I.N.C.U.B.U.S. M.A.S.T.E.R.

many incubus fans love that album[SCIENCE]

if im not mistaken its their 1st album...right?

i luv da sone summer romance...the beat of the drums was simple but so great

jose really put an attitude on it..

.i..i.

Science is not the first Incubus cd. It's the second. The first is fungus amongus.

Anyone else digging Jose's new kit. I think its pretty fresh. The whole kit is gold even the hardware. The kit has the essence of a custom car, like a low rider show car that is from the 60s or 70s. Jose takin the bling to the next level. He dont need no gold chain, he's got an entire gold drum kit. Gangsta! ha ha.

josepasillas2.jpg

243250819_69_theater.jpg

I like Jose's drumming. He's playing for the song and he has a so much fat & tight pocket, that I'm sure others musician playing with him feel comfortable and inspired.

In fact I think Jose has so much effective groove feel which make him an excellent drummer, just thinking of agoraphobia, simple but perfect for the song.

Anyone else digging Jose's new kit. I think its pretty fresh. The whole kit is gold even the hardware. The kit has the essence of a custom car, like a low rider show car that is from the 60s or 70s. Jose takin the bling to the next level. He dont need no gold chain, he's got an entire gold drum kit. Gangsta! ha ha.

Yeah man! I dig it! When I saw Incubus back in January, it was right when he started using this kit and it totally caught me off guard. I was laughing at it at first, cause it looked so over-the-top, but I like it now. If it were mine, I would have done a different color, with black and chrome hardware, but I've always loved the sizes on his kit.

does anyone know what snare he uses? i love the sound of his snare on the red rocks dvd. various sites state that he heas a 14x5/6 snare, but thats obviously bollocks - if u look at the dvd his snare must be at least 8" deep. im guessing he has the top head really tight and the bottom head a bit looser for that bright, open sound?

(i dont really know why im asking this - i just bought a new snare and am only going to get pissed off when i find out its completely wrong for the sound im after... oh well)

I just saw a DW ad with his kit in.

His kit is really ow down....

Whats with the snare angle?

My snare is the same, but I play trad grip...

Science is not the first Incubus cd. It's the second. The first is fungus amongus.

josepasillas2.jpg

243250819_69_theater.jpg

Where did you get the 2nd pic from?

ps. Jose is my favourite drummer, Incubus my favourite band, I own all of his cds and they rock. The best ever is Morning View

I just got tickets to see Incubus at the Smirnoff Music Centre in Dallas! They've been my favorite band for years and now I'm actually going to SEE them live! HOLY CRAP! September 2 is the date.

He ranks right up there with Stewart Copeland, creativity wise . But that's just my opinion.

Love the band, love the guy. He's my biggest influence in drumming, and I saw him live when he came to Brazil in October. Plus, I based my drumset on his (2 left-up, 1 down, although he mostly uses 2 down).

I LOVE his drumming!! I listened to Incubus a bit a few years ago and didn't really get into them, but man.....they seriously kick ass!! Make Yourself is one of my favourite albums of all time and in Morning View "Are You In?", I love his intro on the drums.

My current desktop background is a Sabian photograph with Chad Smith, Neil Peart, and Jose on top of a mountain, with motorbikes. Three of my favorite drummers ever.

Im actually listening to Incubus right now. Priceless. (that's the name of the song btw)

Back