My craigslist score

Toolate

Platinum Member
Today I bought 2 Humes and Berg Enduro Cases for hardware, 2 pearl snare stands and a DW5000 hi hat stand (adjustable 2 legger that can be leaned towards you) for $100.

The cases are these:

http://www.humesandberg.com/product_detail.php?product=481 and

http://www.humesandberg.com/product_detail.php?product=480

and the other stuff is as new. I dont need one of the cases so not sure what to do with it but the price was right and he made me take them both as package. Cases have WHEELS! not the hockey bag I am used to....he also threw in about 20 odd drum sticks.

I am pretty happy about it in case yoyu cant tell. This seems like an under-used idea too. Craigslist score threads that is.

That's an awesome deal! Most people around here don't use such nice hardware, so it's rare for me to find anything on Craigslist worth buying. I think the best deal I have come across was the hardware case that I use. A good friend of mine found it at a local Goodwill. $6.50 for a hard shell case with wheels. Kind of old, but in great working condition. He gave it to me shortly after, and I've been using it since.

Last edited:
Congrats! Sometimes incredible deals do pop up.

Once I responded to an ad for something like: "Zildjian Ride Cymbol - 20 Inch $100"

I figured I'd check it out and I came home with a brand new Zildjian K Custom Dark Complex Ride II, a 70s Zildjian 10" Splash, and a Sabian Deluxe cymbal bag. It also included a pile of junk cymbals. All for $100.

I easily sold the splash and "junk cymbals" (mostly cut out bells). All said and done I paid ~$20 for a Zildjian K Custom 20" Dark Complex Ride II (stupid long name).

Last edited:
My best scores were a DW Collector Series 5x12 snare for $100 and a set of late 80's K/Z hi-hats for the same. Oh yes, and the first drumset I ever bought... which had a slightly distressed blue duco Ludwig Pioneer snare in it... from 1967... with original heads. I bought the kit (or, more accurately, my dad did) for $225. I later sold the snare for $400.

All I ever buy anymore are "craigslist scores". I just went about 2-3 months without buying anything, and then I just bought 4 things in the past 3 days. Go figure. My rule is: if I can't sell it for more than I'm buying it for, I don't buy it.

Nice score. Summer is upon us. 'Tis the season...

Patience is the game for sure. I didnt buy anything for 6 months (not that I didnt go see a Renown kit) and then it comes along. I find that people who live in the wealthier towns are usually looking to get rid of items fast instead of for what they are worth. Not that I am a huge haggler but I have noticed this after a few years of watching Craigs and getting some incredible deals (paid $175 for a brand new Tama Rock Star Custom 5 pc kit).

Craigslsit rocks, I always search it. I go on every day and see what's out there. I haven't purchased any drum stuff yet, but a lot of other things. there was a killer set of Pearl sessions for 575.00, but I couldn't afford it at the time. But I never buy ANYTHING without visiting CG first....Good score!!!!!!

Just need to get good enough to get a gig to play so I can have a reason to pack up a kit and move it now....

Back