My Tama Superstar Hyperdrive :)

Mukund

Hey everyone :)

I remember posting a thread about which drum set should I buy, Silverstar or Superstar.
Superstar got more votes and hence I went for it.
I'm in love with the Tama,the sound is awesome ! It looks beautiful,elegant,classy and list can go on and on haha .
So here are a few pictures -

00_zpsdc5a039b.jpg

IMG_0431_zpsb176ff0e.jpg

IMG_0422_zpsbf492ed6.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsa2c4ed91.jpg

IMG_0428_zpsb0546895.jpg

Enjoy :)

I have the same kit, but in a different color. First off, ditch the stock heads, they are garbage. Put a set of two ply clears over single ply clears on the toms and tune it as low as possible. I had to get rid of the 10" tom, I could never get it to tune to my liking, but thats just personal taste. The best part of the kit is the bass drum. Take the blanket out, put a Powerstroke 3 on it and tune it just past wrinkle. You can get some great sounds out of that kit with some patience, tuning skill and the right set of heads.

Well, don't just tune it down- experiment through the full range of tunings. I found VERY good results with that kit with G14s over clear 10mil heads, but you'd probably want a G12 on the 10" tom just to graduate the sound a bit.

Powerstroke 3 (or a Force I or an EQ1) should work very well. I always used an Evans EQ pad in the bass drum on the batter head as well. Bass drum was a bit big for me, but I guess it worked.

Back