Rack Compatibility

JSWhaler

So after a lot of research, I/m hoping for some additional help. I'm currently using a basic Pearl curved icon rack (just the front) and am looking to add one side to support a 14" tom and 1 boom for my ride. Pearl doesn't seem to offer wings alone, but Gibraltar does. I'm wondering if a Gibraltar Curved wing rack extension will work? I know it will connect to the 1.5" circular leg bar, but will I need another leg or will it be stable enough? I'm trying to minimize my footprint without another leg if possible. Thanks

So after a lot of research, I/m hoping for some additional help. I'm currently using a basic Pearl curved icon rack (just the front) and am looking to add one side to support a 14" tom and 1 boom for my ride. Pearl doesn't seem to offer wings alone, but Gibraltar does. I'm wondering if a Gibraltar Curved wing rack extension will work? I know it will connect to the 1.5" circular leg bar, but will I need another leg or will it be stable enough? I'm trying to minimize my footprint without another leg if possible. Thanks

It will attach just fine (the vertical pipe on the Pearl rack is the same as the Gibraltar pipes), but if it hangs too far away from the front rack it might pull it over. You could try it and see how stable it is, and if need be order a Gibraltar leg+foot assembly to brace it up.

When I used a rack, I had about a 3 foot section of curved Gibraltar pipe hanging as a wing off of the left side of my Pearl rack, but I only had a crash and a couple of splashes hanging off of it.

Back