Silver Member
Tse Tse Marketing, L.L.C.
Capetown, South Africa
039-3456-2314 ext. 8
[email protected]/drums
Press Release
April 1, 2015
Re: New Percussion Company

In an age of mass production and cookie cutter sameness a new producer of percussion instruments promises to end the discussion over which is best/which is worst. There will be discussion, however not in regards to “theirs or ours”.
AfroKan, Inc., a new company manufacturing alternative quality percussion instruments, is proud to present its prototype snare drum made from compressed organic mulch. The shells are then “wrapped” inside and out with a 1mm thick layer of poopinga, a naturally occurring element found in piles near large herds of indigenous mammals. Poopinga colors vary depending on which mammals are associated with the different piles and range from dirty yellow to a brackish brown. Hence, no two drums are ever alike. Once in a great while a rare clump of “pea” green poopinga is found and a drum of outstanding favor is offered to the discriminating drummer.
All hardware on AfroKan drums is hand carved from extremely hard, petrified poopinga. Heads are proprietary to AfroKan, Inc., and their composition is a family held secret. As such there are very few domestic cats in Smonlin, the hometown headquarters of AfroKan, Inc.
As for sound. The 3 tradesmen (known as fecalists) who hand craft these drums describe them as dark and oily. Though the tonality varies according to where the poopinga piles were gathered. Johnny Kimbo, the master fecalist for AfroKan, Inc., calls the drums different.
“To me, I say you can find no way which they can be, uh, you know, put in such a place it can, you know, be like sounding the same drum as before.”

For pricing and availability contact Msabe Owkoonta at AfroKan, Inc.

[email protected]

Thick layer of Poopinga...I think I caught that once while on deployment in the Navy.

Back