Any idea what this is?

kroman

Ok, so I bought this drum set at a yard sale. I'm a beginner at this point, so all i know is that it's blue and a pearl.

Attachments

• downsized_0807000039.jpg
    downsized_0807000039.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 326
Can you provide a close-up of the lugs and badges?

Thanks for all the help guys, i will be willing to get close ups, but i have no idea what the lugs are lol, im not technically good with drums, i just like to play. lol

Thanks for all the help guys, i will be willing to get close ups, but i have no idea what the lugs are lol, im not technically good with drums, i just like to play. lol

The lugs are the metal parts screwed into the shell that hold the tension rods. The tension rods are those 4 sided screws that hold the rim against the head. The reason they ask is because vintage drums often had very distinctive lugs and badges.

Here's a pic of a drum shell with just the lugs and the badge on it. Nice looking kit!

Attachments

• ludwigvistaliteblackbassshell1.jpg
    ludwigvistaliteblackbassshell1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 185
Hey I will be sure to get those pics, but here is some more info from the guy i bought them from, they are original 1967 pearl drums, with ludwig stands, and the cymbals are zildjan, but idk how true this is.

but idk how true this is.

Nor do I, as I'm only looking at a grainy, distant photo (ok, it ain't that bad) of a kit that may or may not be a 1967 Pearl.....and no photos at all, of what may or may not be Zildjian cymbals.

Pics please mate. Get photo's of the stamps on the cymbals too if possible.....the pressed stamp that is, this will be useful if the cymbals pre-date the inked logos.

You may have picked up a gem, but until we see close ups of the badge, lugs, mounting hardware and cymbal stamps, no one will be able to offer a hell of a lot.

Last edited:
these look like old Pearls from late 60s .....I had a freind once who had a 4 piece Pearl of the same vintage....it had the rounded lugs like yours ( almost Slingerland like) and th esame metal Pearl logos.....

these might be quite a gem actually.

Back