Thread Viewing Option

jafo

I was looking for the thread mode icon in the tool bar but can't find it. I want to be able to click on a thread and automatically have the first post at the top of the page instead of it being at the bottom. I found the icon to click for viewing the first post but I'd rather have it showing the thread in order from first post at top of page to last post at bottom. ???

Top left go to User CP.
then Thread Display Option
then Thread Display Mode
then Linear...click Oldest first.

That will put the new ones at the top of the page

Top left go to User CP.
then Thread Display Option
then Thread Display Mode
then Linear...click Oldest first.

That will put the new ones at the top of the page

I already tried that. That shifts the order of the threads or topics. I was looking at the threads themselves after you open a thread or topic, the responses are in reverse order. In other words I was wanting the thread author's message at the top of the page instead of the bottom. the way it is now, when I open a thread topic the last response to the thread is at the top not the bottom. Everytime I open a thread I have to scroll to the bottom of he page to read what the thread author has wrote. I'm just used to the other way around and would like to switch that if possible.

You've got it wrong somewhere then mate.

Grunt is on the money. Have another go following the process as outlined.

User CP
Edit options
Scroll down to Thread display options
Change to - linear oldest first

ok, you were right, problem solved. thanks!

I've looked everywhere and can't find where I open a new thread :( It's probably going to be in somewhere ridiculously obvious when I find it, any help please?

I've looked everywhere and can't find where I open a new thread :( It's probably going to be in somewhere ridiculously obvious when I find it, any help please?

There's a "New Thread" button in the top and bottom left of every forum (not inside the threads, and not on the main forum overview, but in every specific forum).

Back