Remo O-rings or Evans MIN-EMAD dampeners

I have the Evans plastic rings (yeah, they make 'em, too) and they work well. I got a pack with 12, 13, 16 and then a snare pack with two rings both 14" but different widths. They really quite things down. I never ever use them if I'm playing rock n' roll and I need to cut through the guitar amps

I find the rings heavy handed. I would try the Mini EMAD

The remo O rings are very heavy handed, and a good deal thicker and larger than the evans E rings.

I use an evans on my snare, and it manages to cut out annoying ring, while still allowing some of the drums natural resonance to come through. The Remo O ring on the other hand kills it dead.

Aquarian also makes a similar product called Studio Rings. They are usually cut thinner than Evans or RemOs, so they don't choke up the sound as much.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback, yeah i have tried out the remo's and i see what you mean, completely kills the character. I have heard good things about moongel although i also heard it doesnt really dampen toms over 13" very well. ill check those aquarians out too, sound prity good.

Back