Evans Head combo. Opinion?

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Hey guys.

I have a Custom Maple kit. 6 ply toms. I wanted to get the Evans G2 coated on top.

Whats a good reso? I was thinking maybe EC bottoms, for added focus.

Thanks

What kind of a sound you are after? Which style do you play the most? I think you should choose the reso heads depending on your answers to those questions.

I actually went to GC yesterday and saw the same kit I have [Starclssic Maple] With EC2 over G1

Thats what I got.

I am using G2 over G1 on my maple Gretsch.

I just ordered a Renown kit....have you tried any kick head or tom combinations that didn't sound good?...have you tried the new Evans reso heads?...I'm looking for an oomph with lots of tone..for multi use.....and don't want to go through the same pattern in the past...buy/try...chuck it...buy/try...chuck it....

Thanks!

are yall using coated g2s over coated or clear g1s?

as far as kick i use eq2 batter/ eq3 smooth white reso and it sounds great.
i have it loose and fat now but i had it much tighter about a week ago. sounds good both ways.

I just ordered a Renown kit....have you tried any kick head or tom combinations that didn't sound good?...have you tried the new Evans reso heads?...I'm looking for an oomph with lots of tone..for multi use.....and don't want to go through the same pattern in the past...buy/try...chuck it...buy/try...chuck it....

Thanks!

The bass drum batter is an EMAD and the reso is the Gretsch logo black head.

I am currently using the G2/ EC reso combo on my Yamaha birch custom kit and I'm really enjoying them. These reso heads really bring out a long even sustain. and a round focused tone. I use this kit for bigger gigs and it is mic'ed 95% of the time.

I recently started tuning while listening with the mics on (friend's recommendation) with great results.

I would recommend the EC resos for any situation like this. Haven't tried them on my small jazz kit, but will possibly try!

Good luck. With proper tuning skills you can make any drum/ head combination work granted you have good functioning tools to begin with. Check those heads before you buy!

Terry

Back