Regal Tip 3B!

tryggdahl

I've found my new favorite stick! Reminds me alot of the AVH model but much shorter and with the nice finish. I think the dimensions are L-16.75 D-.570. A perfect fit. Nice solid shoulder and a round tip, which is a first for me. BTW, is there some sort of graphite rod in these sticks? I noticed the black "dots" on the butt tips.

I've found my new favorite stick! Reminds me alot of the AVH model but much shorter and with the nice finish. I think the dimensions are L-16.75 D-.570. A perfect fit. Nice solid shoulder and a round tip, which is a first for me. BTW, is there some sort of graphite rod in these sticks? I noticed the black "dots" on the butt tips.

The 3B IS the Van Halen, they just cut an inch off the back of it and print another logo on it. I like the lenght of the stick, it's the same as what I use from Ahead, but it needs to be a little thicker for me. Not a bad stick though.

And no, the black dot is not graphite. I could tell you what it is, but I would have to kill you.

haha!
The black dot is a small piece of nylon that's used to have the stick held by the machine while it's dipped into the lacquer. Then it's sawed off...that's what I remember reading in a Calato article a long time ago anyway.

I guess anyone that reads this has to go now....masonni, do your stuff haha!

I had one pop out years ago, and it's only a 16th or and 8th inch long.

The 3B is a nice stick.
Some years ago they made some of these for me in a 16" length (2 times) and I liked them a lot. I still have a couple pair I use once in a while, and they are still straight after 9 or more years!

Even at the regular length, it's a pretty nicely balanced stick for heavier/rock playing, but the 16" length is really nice and has good bounce.

If you like it the way it is, cool, but you can maybe have your drum shop call Calato and see if they'll do a run at a different length if you would rather have them shorter. I got 6 pair the first time and 12 the second, and it didn't take that long.

Back