Can't wait

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Any day now, maybe even today, Andy will be finishing my new walnut segmented kit, with maple hoops. 10/12/14/16/22 with a 14 x 7 snare.

He told me I have a surprise in the snare department. I have no idea what he did.

I thought I was getting a walnut stave snare. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting a walnut stave snare.

So I told him to surprise me with a pic in a thread. You know how he does those pre-ship threads with pics.

So you guys will find out when I do what he did for me as far as the surprise goes in the snare department.

9 days ago he said he hoped to have the kit in the air to me by tomorrow.

Sorry but I'm champing at the bit and wanted to share my excitement.

Way cool !!!

I always enjoy owning and playing a Guru drum kit vicariously through you.

Sweet Larry can't wait to see the Walnut kit-excited for you and I love a mystery. Course you will have to supply a plethora of pics and video samples for us to muse at your good fortune. Gosh Larry if I didn't love ya man-I'd be jealous and hate your guts (I wanna Guru so bad). Hey I just realized though if you keep collecting these Guru's I will not have to travel to the UK and Andy's playroom to play one I can travel to Larry's playroom (I'd hate missing shaking Andy's hand-but you have so shaking yours will be like his by surrogate LOL). Happy for your good fortune man.

Larry:

As I recall you wanted your new set to have those Timpanic Bearing Edges. Is that correct?

I'm pretty sure he wanted an E kit :)

That's it !!!

I just figured out how Andy is going to surprise Larry "in the snare department".
He is supplying Larry with an e-snare drum pad along with a CD of sound files from all of his best sounding Guru snare drums.

That's it !!!

I just figured out how Andy is going to surprise Larry "in the snare department".
He is supplying Larry with an e-snare drum pad along with a CD of sound files from all of his best sounding Guru snare drums.

I'm just taking break from drilling Larry's hoops. Got careless & drilled straight through the E pad. Now I'll have to rethink the surprise ;)

Better post a video Larry! I'm sure it will be spectacular!

No odd sneaky shots Ands. Thanks for the offer, but I can wait a few days. I want full impact, you understand.

And yes Hollywood tympanic edges. The finest cabinet grade walnut as well. And a surprise snare. I'm literally counting days.

I. Cannot. Wait.

I'll make a rare exception and post vids and pics.

That's going to be a killer walnut kit!

Any day now, maybe even today, Andy will be finishing my new walnut segmented kit, with maple hoops. 10/12/14/16/22 with a 14 x 7 snare.

He told me I have a surprise in the snare department. I have no idea what he did.

I thought I was getting a walnut stave snare. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting a walnut stave snare.

So I told him to surprise me with a pic in a thread. You know how he does those pre-ship threads with pics.

So you guys will find out when I do what he did for me as far as the surprise goes in the snare department.

9 days ago he said he hoped to have the kit in the air to me by tomorrow.

Sorry but I'm champing at the bit and wanted to share my excitement.

You're gonna love the segmented construction. I know I love mine.

Congrats my man, I know how much you love this stuff because I'm like you. I gotta see it one day.

You still need to come up North one day to see my kit, although I have only 1 set up.

He broke your snare drum.

Surprise!

You know, this very well could be. He probably drilled the buttstrap thingy on the batter side or something boneheaded like that lol. Instead of framing it all negative, he turned it into a surprise.

You have to admit that it is a master stroke of marketing/covering butt lol.

And you guys with the green glitter wrap and the one headed drums, sheesh. That stopped being funny in 2013 :p

You need some new material there bubs.

And you guys with the green glitter wrap and the one headed drums, sheesh. That stopped being funny in 2013 :p

Yeah, no green glitter or single heads... these will be all walnut shells. That's it, just the shells. No lugs, no hoops, no heads, nothing else.

Surprise!!!!

Back